Away is looking for a talented copywriter who can act as our brand voice to our community across all social channels to drive engagement & conversation online. The ideal candidate has experience executing a nuanced brand voice across channels & knows how to leverage social listening tools to inform content strategy. This person will work closely with our community managers, social team & our creative team to ensure we have a cohesive tone of voice across all brand communications. As an external voice of the brand, this person will be responsible for upholding our brand values in the public domain. Youll thrive in this role if you have a strong understanding of brand marketing, have astute writing & editing skills, & have a pulse on cultural discourse.
This position reports to the Community Director & is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City.
What youll do:
- Act as our brand voice in proactive community conversations across all channelsyou will move quickly on opportunities, while communicating & escalating internally effectively
- Work with the Community Director to build out strategy & roadmap to foster engagement with our communityincluding activities that will garner earned media
- Leverage our brand & creative strategy to develop our tone of voice for our community activities across socialincluding reactive & proactive messaging
- Develop a content strategy that is on-brand & uses social listening tools & insights
- Build a feedback loop on social conversation (branded & unbranded), community feedback & sentiment to inform future strategies across the business
- Track engagement, sentiment, web traffic as a result of these strategiescontinuously iterating & optimizing along the way
Who you are:
- Have at least 2-3 years of copywriting experience, specifically for social
- Keep up on all things socialTwitter, Reddit, YT & othersyou know what works & how to be relevant
- Have a pulse on cultural dialogueyou know where the buzz is & where brands can play a role
- Work well under pressurecan move to action & iterate quickly
- Excellent communication skills with people of all levels, including senior management
- Superior Mac skills & experience with social management tools
- Extremely organized & detail oriented
- One who thinks ahead & anticipates needsyoure never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking how can we do this better?
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & energetic environment
- You love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people.We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive.Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com)is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.