Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Director to join our Market P+L team remotely in Atlanta.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Market P+L Team manages the growth, profitability, & risk of Oscars market-level operations.
You will establish & achieve the performance goals of the Southeast region. You & your team will guide performance by managing a set of markets & the associated provider partner relationships (health systems, provider groups). You will lead the coordination of efforts that promote local business, clinical quality, & experience outcomes.
You will report into our Southeast Region Market Leader.
- Manage market performance across operational, financial, & experience key performance indicators
- Represent Oscar by developing relationships with senior leadership of health system & network partners
- Recruit, train & manage a team of local market leads
- Lead the design, implementation & management of provider partnerships
- Identify & lead the implementation of growth opportunities in your markets
- Be the chief expert on your region, your markets, your partners, & be an important internal source of local-level expertise, including relevant policy developments
- Turn local-level insights into plans that improve the quality, sustainability, & experience of care received by our members
- Build & always improve upon the workflows & systems that allow the team to meet its goals
- Form relationships with important partners across the company to understand the impact of our partner relationships & contractual terms on their work streams & inform our network strategies
- Expected Travel: 50%
You will have healthcare industry experience, with an understanding of healthcare operations & market economics. Other important components for success include:
- 10+ years of work experience in a general management or leadership role
- Experience building relationships & communicating at the executive level, across a variety of domains (ie: operational, financial, technological, & clinical)
- Experience with & an understanding of, healthcare operations & market economics
- Fluent in, & able to demonstrate empathy for, the goals & challenges of health systems & providers
- Experience managing complex projects that span across the organization in a manner that motivates & develops members of the working teams
- Analytical background & the ability to quickly digest & evaluate complex financial structures & operational workflows
- Experience with market-level P&L
- Experience scaling departments & processes at startup & growth-stage enterprises
- Experience with ACA & Medicare Advantage
- Experience leading healthcare business development to employers or providers
- An MHA, MBA, MPH, or other professional degree
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.