Remote - Summer 2021
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy & run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating & executing the companys social media strategy, working across key social media channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Facebook. This role offers the intern a total immersion into an established Fintech company & the successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff & external media consultants to learn about social media, digital communications & marketing in a B2B environment. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence & gaining visibility for our brand & content.
- You will help manage all OpenFin social media accounts (Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook) & developing content to inform, educate, & engage the brands audience to increase awareness, boost traffic & achieve marketing goals
- You will consolidate & analyze data on engagement
- You will assist in the ongoing development of OpenFins social media calendar
- You will be proactive in suggesting new tactics & post types per platform
- You have excellent communication skills; youre comfortable presenting performance, engagement insights, & recommendations to the whole company.
- You love social media: you use social media in your personal life & feel comfortable creating & sharing content on behalf of the company with extreme attention to detail, tone, & brand design standards
- You have an interest in & growing understanding of the financial services industry
- You are a creative problem solver: youre able to identify real obstacles & present strategic solutions
- You are a team player: you enjoy collaborating with others & meeting deadlines
- You are passionate about technology
- Currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree in digital communications or related field such as advertising, journalism or graphic design
- Experience with social media campaign management
- Impeccable oral & written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in close collaboration with the marketing team
- Have prior experience working on business social media accounts
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests & experiences, & we encourage you to explore those interests & share with us! We have regular happy hours & social events. Our offices & our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative & compelling solutions for our clients.