ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for Staff Software Engineers to join our Core Engineering team. We build the foundational developer tools relied on by hundreds of developers to build software at Peloton. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in unlocking developer productivity by building tools to allow engineers to discover information more easily, build code or infrastructure at the touch of a button, & manage mobile apps, web sites, backend services, & data pipelines with minimal toil. This is especially important as Peloton plans to scale out 100-fold over the next few years.
Our team's mission is to create the best developer experience in the tech industry for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology: IoT, firmware, web, apps, backend, messaging, content, data, & machine learning. We are responsible for Peloton's core infrastructure, self service developer tooling, & Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC). You will create the tooling & services that enable engineers to generate paved road infrastructure patterns --at the push of a button in our developer portal--or through check-in of a simple config file. Your work will unleash the productivity of hundreds of engineers, enabling thousands of infrastructure changes per day--all with GitOps-backed configuration management & out-of-the-box best practices for security, reliability, & scalability. You will work with the latest open source technology, making contributions of your own to open source projects, & presenting at industry conferences.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Design extensible apis & scalable software architectures enabling developers to self-provision infrastructure & manage applications.
- Work with technologies like Golang, Python, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Work to unify infrastructure & reduce development lead times
- Be a part of a positive & inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on solving developer challenges during hypergrowth
- Mentor engineers on best practices & work across teams to help build longer term roadmaps & build our technical vision.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- A passion for software architecture & motivation to stay current with the latest frameworks.
- Have strong coding/debugging abilities. You have GoLang or Python in your toolbelt
- Comfortable working with cloud services & infrastructure.
- Possess an agile mindset & embrace iterative design
- Are experienced with unit, regression, & performance test frameworks.
- Collaborate well with engineering managers, product managers, designers, & other developers. You are intrigued by bringing the ideas of Martin Fowler & others to reality at-scale
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.