Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Team
The Retail team plays a critical role in growing the Harrys brand & providing exceptional experiences to our end customers, through deep strategic relationships with our retail partners. The Retail team drives all customer development activities at each customer, cultivating strong relationships across all functions merchandising, marketing, operations & in store execution. The Retail team will continue to play a key role in enabling Harrys to redefine & disrupt categories, by channeling insights from partners into innovation efforts, understanding how to position the brand to end shoppers in omnichannel environments & driving the roll out of new product lines.
About the Role
The Sales Manager will lead partnerships with several key US retailers for the Harrys & Flamingo Brands. This role will have a direct impact on the companys current & future growth in that they will significantly broaden awareness & bring millions of new customers into the brand. For this role, we need an outstanding customer development leader one who understands the unique needs of a large retail partner & their end customers. We are seeking out a leader who can translate our brand into the retail environment in a way that drives differentiation in an efficient manner. The Sales Manager must be able to lead through substantial complexity & translate & implement brand plans. We also need a great teammate who can collaborate well with diverse partners. This role will require strong organizational skills & analytical capabilities & the ability to set strategy & drive executional details.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Lead all customer development activity for multiple grocery customers
- Sell with data, serving as the thought leader for the Harrys & Flamingo brands
- Develop sales presentations for core businesses & maintain routine meeting cadence with multiple buyers
- Lead all line review & merchandising negotiations
- Lead all aspects of developing annual business plans for each retailer that delivers on revenue & profit goals & works across company channel strategy
- Manage internal relationships to serve the needs of Harrys & retail partners
- Lead ongoing customer development, sales analytics & forecasting needs, as well as all project management & in store execution across multiple retailers
- Help to define Harrys future strategy for a channel from a product, merchandising, marketing & partner perspective
- Handle Customer P&L including trade spend optimization
These might describe you:
- 5+ years of retail and/or consumer products sales experience across multiple channels
- Strong existing relationships with retailers & a passion for helping them grow their business & better serve their customers
- Consistent track record of delivering top & bottom line results in a customer development capacity
- A strong collaborator, who works well with diverse set of cross-functional collaborators & partners
- Thrives with complexity, able to adeptly manage multiple SKUs & categories across multiple retailers & footprints. Very well organized, no detail is too small.
- Entrepreneurial thinker whos not afraid to redefine the norm & go-to-market in new & unique ways. Yet, pragmatic around the need to balance customization & efficiency.
- Deeply insightful around end consumer needs at specific retailers & thoughtful around how to meet those needs from a new product innovation, portfolio & merchandising perspective
- Strong team builder & leader, able to attract, inspire & motivate exceptional people
- Self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Take your work seriously, but dont take yourself too seriously
Who you will work with:
- You will report to the Director of Retail Sales for Grocery
- You'll work closely with retail partners (Buyers, Category Managers, Marketing), agencies & Harrys teams (including Shopper Marketing, Brand, Demand Planning, Distribution, R&D, Design, & Retail Ops) to bring the brand to life at retail partners & fulfill the retailers needs
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.