Moda Operandi is seeking a Global Revenue Accounting Manager to be based in Manhattan & report to the Senior Controller. The Global Revenue Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing revenue recognition, invoicing, & Credit Card Collections/Processing for our domestic & international revenue streams. This is a great opportunity to develop new skills, learn & gain direct, meaningful exposure to all levels of the company. You must have a strong working knowledge of GAAP, financial transactions, & internal controls. This position will need to work effectively across organizational & functional boundaries to develop a strong understanding of Modas accounting structure & areas to improve processes & efficiencies. This role requires organization & skill at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous in a rapidly growing & dynamic business.
About the Role:
- Collaborate cross-functionally domestically & internationally, to support company-wide initiatives.
- Assist in researching & establishing revenue processes supporting international expansion
- Review & monitor daily collection of credit card receipts between our multiple domestic & international processors
- Responsible for daily/weekly reconciliation between General Ledger & bank accounts.
- Analyze gross margin for impact of markdowns/liquidation & employee sales; perform other analysis for management & financial reporting as needed
- Work with Fraud & Client Care team to review chargebacks to ensure policy compliance; make recommendations when needed.
- Review daily activity to ensure proper recognition of Business Categories & reconciliation between NetSuite & Data Warehouse
- Prepare weekly sales report for FP&A team
- Prepare monthly GAAP & Demand sales
- Prepare/assist FP&A with monthly returns reserve analysis
- Liaison with Client Experience teams to manage the stylists commission system
- Liaison with Tech to assist with sales audit queue resolutions
- Assist with the development, documentation, & implementation of internal controls surrounding revenue recognition (quote-to-cash) process
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations during monthly Accounting close process
- Assist senior controller & Accounting team in preparation of financial statements & year-end financial audit
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies & procedures
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting, & other tasks as assigned
- BS in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Systems (Preferably Netsuite) & Excel
- Get excited partnering with colleagues outside of accounting
- Enjoy building structure around loosely defined projects & establishing a sense of ownership to see projects through to completion
- Are a resourceful problem solver when resources are scarce & information is incomplete
- Have solid understanding of GAAP accounting policies
- 6+ years of experience in Accounting required; CPA/MBA a plus. Experience in accounting e-commerce companies is highly desirable.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established & emerging designers, straight from the runway & designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace & Trunk Show model. We recently brought on a new CEO Ganesh Srivats, ex-Tesla, with experience in building top quality products & technology. He sees us as a global platform connecting creators, curators & consumers; we are redefining how luxury fashion is bought & sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025. We have opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally while also investing heavily in technology, data, & customer experience to innovate on our core platform.
Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments & Cond Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology & data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, & increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.
- An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium medical, dental, & vision coverage for full-time employees & their dependents
- 401k matching
- Dog-friendly office
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties & competencies. All requirements & skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.