- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting & thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
We are seeking aJr.Data Scientist with solid programming skills to create large-scale analytical solutions to client-driven business problems. This includes designing high-performance databases & the corresponding operation & workflow processes.
This requires experience of software development principles & statistical modelling techniques as well as adeptness in at least one statistical programming language, such as R or SAS. Additional experience in a specific programming language isnotrequired; for us it is more significant that you are interested, willing & able to learn new languages quickly.
What you will take on:
- Trusted advisor on the implications of data for products, processes, & decisions.
- Analyze massive data sets & gain unique industry insight using the 1010data platform
- Map client business issues to many data sets including the clients own
- Contribute to the creation of analytical products that combine the 1010data platform & hosted datasets
- Support sales & marketing as needed
What you already have:
Education & Experience
- STEM Bachelorsrequired,PhD preferred; strong background in vector/matrix arithmetic a plus
- 1+ years of experience in quantitative analysis (OR) relevant academic research experience building analytical products
- Experiencewith retailand credit card data or consumer shopping data a major plus
- Understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Ability to design solutions which serve the operational needs of varied businesses
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamentals of mathematics, large data sets distributed systems, statistical concepts
- Ability to gather & assess client requirements
- Critical thinking andproblem solvingskills
- Ability to clearly & concisely communicate
- Ability to understand projects at a high level without losing sight of granular details when managing projects
- Ability to bothworkcollaboratively & independently
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data. Come be a part of it. Come do powerful things with data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the worlds top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government & financial services enterprises including Dollar General, P&G, andRiteAid; the 1010data platform is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery & Data Sharing.
With more than 30 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate & varied data sets, & the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
1010data is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, & disability status.