BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeeds world-renowned Content division is looking for an ambitious, data-driven & business-minded leader, overseeing all aspects of Tastys content including recipe, series, & culinary & tentpoles. From overseeing content teams across New York & Los Angeles, partnering with all internal stakeholders, responsible for execution of external partnerships & talent relationships, this person is the de facto expert on Tasty internally & externally & ultimately responsible for the brands success. They should have a unique mix of knowledge & experience in traditional media with a deep understanding of social media, digital video, social platform distribution mechanics. They should love food, cooking & especially the powerful impact Tasty has had on food media & the internet at large. They should value diversity of all types & be able to live that commitment in how we recruit, promote employees, foster relationships with talent, cast & create content strategies.
- Serve as chief creative of the Tasty content team, overseeing & aligning the brands voice, content & platform strategy through Tasty projects across the company.
- Oversee Tastys creative, pitch material & execution of brand & strategic partnerships sourced by Sales & Marketing.
- Engage with & communicate regularly to teams across the company around changes to strategy, market shifts & internal concerns with a bold level of transparency & vulnerability.
- Responsible for greenlighting all Tasty content initiatives, series, tent poles & recipe series with a keen eye for story, format & the brands ability to grow & monetize.
- Manage & develop a team of creatives & culinary professionals across New York & Los Angeles, elevating them to best support the teams & companys goals.
- Commit to & implement plans around the teams diversity initiatives in recruiting, diverse pipelines, promotion of diverse employees, content strategies & talent & casting, while setting a consistent tone about the importance of diversity on the team & across the Content organization.
- Partner across the business on Tastys brand & strategic partnerships in line with Sales & Marketing.
- Partner closely with Publishing & Analytics to ensure that the Tasty team & all relevant Content org stakeholders are aligned on content & publishing strategies.
OPERATIONS & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT:
- Oversee yearly budget, allocating across teams, initiatives & projects using a data & business driven approach aiming for the most efficient return on investment, partnering closely with Production, Finance & Analytics to set budget based off corporate strategy.
- Monitor the efficacy of our video models, adjusting or overhauling as needed.
TASTY BUSINESS SUPPORT:
- Have an understanding of Advertising & Commerce revenue streams & be a strong partner to those stakeholders to achieve BuzzFeeds business goals
- Support other teams & business functions through Tastys content, promotional efforts, brand awareness & global kitchens.
- Work closely with the Studio team to take Tasty intellectual property to new platforms like streaming, linear TV & more.
- Work closely with Talent division to help strategize & innovate around Tastys talent program, integrating the talent strategy across Tasty channels & content.
- 8-12+ years of experience in media, preferably most of it being in food or lifestyle media.
- Strong people management experience showing you can lead with empathy & vulnerability
- A deep understanding of various output & growth strategies, namely for the owned & operated platform where monetization & dynamics vary widely from social platforms.
- A heart for the monetization growth & potential of Tasty, working across the company to come up with new ideas to monetize Tastys content & point of view on food.
- Strong project management & communication skills
- Knowledge of changing digital & traditional media landscape
- Actual video & content production experience, preferably several years in food or lifestyle media
- Knowledge of best practices in SEO & recipe optimization
- Experience producing or overseeing production of mid to long-form content
- Experience & comfort with client & partner meetings
- Comfort speaking publicly on behalf of the company & brand
- Familiarity with a diverse array of rising talent & food media personalities across backgrounds
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.