This individual is charged with developing, implementing, & monitoring an import/export trade compliance program considering our global inbound & outbound flows of raw materials through finished goods to customers. Key countries & regions include US, Canada, UK/ Europe, China, & Asia. Work cooperatively & proactively across functional areas to ensure compliance with all import & export laws, rules & regulations. Must have a working knowledge of import & export practices, customs regulations, harmonized tariff schedules, & import VAT rules. Must be analytical & detail oriented with strong communication skills, both verbal & written.
About the Team
The global Logistics team oversees the flow of our product from point of supply to our end customers worldwide. We manage a global network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders. At Harry's, we're incredibly ambitious, & we've got big plans for the future. Were fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up - think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy & hyper-growth- along with the resources & stability that comes with being part of an established global business.
We live & breathe our values, & we strive to work collaboratively every day. Our NYC office is located in Tribeca & yes, as a start-up we have unlimited coffee, snacks & as many free shaving products as you require! And dont worry, facial hair is allowed here at Harry's. We got you.
What you will accomplish:
- Assess current state of import & export operations, process, & compliance
- Create & implement internal policies & procedures that ensure company-wide compliance with U.S. & international customs regulations, shipping requirements, & trade laws
- Develop roadmap to drive improvements in import/ export compliance policy, process, & systems
- Responsible for developing & implementing training materials, SOPs, & work instructions to support trade compliance requirements
- Responsible for the correct classification of Harrys products in accordance with the global Harmonized Tariff System & regional export regulations (ECN) as well as Country of Origin determination
- Participate in/lead 3rd party service provider/ customs broker reviews & evaluations
- Stay current on import & export regulations & other applicable governmental initiatives that may impact existing and/or future requirements
- Lead regional/global projects for process improvements, KPI/metrics definition, & reporting
- Conduct internal audits & service provider audits to determine import & export compliance & develop corrective actions. Support external audit activities as needed
- Support cross-functional global trade compliance training activities
- Serve as a liaison to the leadership team regarding customs questions, direction & strategies
- Demonstrate leadership with internal & external stakeholders in the execution of projects & to achieve performance goals; Engagement in high-performance culture
This should describe you:
- 7+ years of import/export operations experience with focus on trade compliance, prior disclosures, & internal/external audit activities.
- Experience leading cross functional teams in business-wide initiatives
- Familiarity & understanding of Export Management Systems (such as SAP GTS).
- Familiarity with US FTR, EAR & CBP regulations.
- Ability to identify & resolve complex problems that arise in relations to trade compliance activities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of trade compliance regulations & requirements in the US, EMEA, & Asia regions.
- Strong knowledge of Incoterms.
- Sense of urgency with bias for action. A high level of motivation, discipline mindset, & self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations.
- Strong communication skills & record of effective collaboration across different internal & external stakeholders
- Proven ability to build enduring professional relationships with local partners & service providers leading to outstanding performance.
- Strong track record of delivering best in class service levels, innovating & adopting new technologies to drive import/export trade optimization & compliance posture.
- US Customs Brokers License is a plus.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Director, Global Logistics
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including but not limited to supply chain, legal, finance, distribution, manufacturing, & R&D.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.