At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Accounting team as a Payroll Specialist. The role within the Payroll team will assist in the processing of bi-weekly payrolls, maintaining related records, & developing & documenting various Payroll policies & procedures. This candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to work & thrive in a fast paced, dynamic & rapidly changing environment. This candidate must be a team player who can work independently.
- Own & process portions of multi-state bi-weekly payroll in ADP for 5,000+ employees
- Process tax changes, direct deposits, loan repayments, deduction goals, retroactive adjustments, prorated payments, bonuses, special pays, etc.
- Maintain SOX compliance in areas of responsibility
- Assist in the development & documentation of various Payroll initiatives designed to streamline the process & scale with the organization
- Maintain & reconcile payroll records for both US & ex-US employees
- Provide prompt, courteous, & efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, paid leave balances & other payroll processes
- Ensure accurate & timely preparation of W2s
- Partner closely with HR, IT, Finance, & Accounting teams to develop & improve processes
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed & perform other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in payroll and/or accounting
- Excellent organization skills, detail-oriented, oral & written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Excel & Word
- Prior Workday & ADP experience, including Time & Attendance, highly desirable
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.