As a Senior Software Engineer on the Large Scale Localization & Mapping team, youll be exposed to & tasked to deliver solutions with state-of-the-art computer vision capabilities. Your code will be part of the foundations of our 3D platform that enables the next generation of computing applications for many years to come. In this position, you will work in developing & optimizing perception algorithms on cloud & on embedded platforms.
- Develop state-of-the-art performance critical perception systems
- Own & drive highly visible performance metrics (e.g. latency, memory, bandwidth, power)
- Collaboratively work as part of a fast paced team, analyze & optimize a growing C++ & Python codebase
- Own & drive the integration of the teams perception systems into the Magic Leap software ecosystem
- Help define performance standards for algorithms, develop & drive best practices (performance, maintainability, correctness, etc), provide guidance at all stages of the software development cycle & share knowledge.
- Help drive the integration & development of necessary tooling & automation (profiling, testing/verification, monitoring, etc) that allows the team to move even faster
- Help drive computing platforms for next generation products
- 3+ years of professional experience with high performance / low latency applications with modern C++
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- 2+ years of experience in geometric computer vision, SfM / SLAM, 3D reconstruction, visual odometry, sensor fusion, or similar
- Strong background in Software Engineering, 2+ years of experience in developing & maintaining large software projects
- Strong CS fundamentals, problem-solving, high quality coding, code optimization, memory optimization, performance analysis, understanding of abstraction & modularity, critical path optimization & tuning
- Strong sense of curiosity, fast learner
Preferred / additional skills:
- Numerical computing, modeling, simulation
- Experience with SW development for embedded platforms
- In depth understanding of computer architecture, computing bottlenecks, memory hierarchy, data coherency, caches, high performance architectures (VLIW, superscalar, etc), SIMD, concurrent systems, parallelization, compilers, system simulators
- BA/BS in CS, EE or similar required. MS, Ph.D. preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.