Mark43s mission is to empower communities & their governments with new technologies that improve the safety & quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, & elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, & we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought & experience within our team
Were seeking an Android Developer to help us build the Android version of our cloud based law enforcement software products as well as build a new mobile-first piece of software from scratch. As a member of the Mark43 team, youll take ownership of products & features from start to finish. The team will rely on you to make sure our mobile applications meet all the requirements of our customers as well as mobile application stores. As a senior member of our mobile development team, you'll have the freedom to implement your own solutions & have a meaningful impact on our product.
What you can expect to work on:
- Working on development of mobile first product modules within our records management platform
- Helping create test environments from scratch & building automatic test cases for Android
- Working closely with product managers & designers to define user requirements & technical constraints
- Develop plans to transition our web-app to be increasingly mobile friendly
What we expect from you:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years professional experience in Android development
- Familiarity with databases & Agile methodologies
- Experience with mobile testing
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Ability to develop cooperative & collaborative relationships with your teammates
- Leaning in to contribute to the company outside your role - our engineers have written blog posts, attended events, & helped grow our team
- Self-motivated, passionate, & excited to own products from end to end.
- Passion for building the best software for law enforcement.
What you can expect from us:
- Mentorship from more experienced team members
- Opportunities to learn & grow personally & professionally
- Building mission critical & socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- A workplace dedicated to supporting & bettering law enforcement, first responders, & other government agencies via mission critical software products
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly & intelligent coworkers