As Engineering Manager on the Distributed Systems team, youll work with our engineers to build the next generation platform engineers in the design & development of new distributed data processing capabilities. You will be instrumental in helping us solve complex low-latency, distributed systems challenges to handle our ever-increasing scale. Our system is a highly distributed, fault tolerant, multi-tenant platform that includes bleeding edge components related to storage, messaging, search, & analytics. This system ingests & analyzes terabytes of data a day, while making petabytes of data available for search & forensic analysis
The ideal candidate is obsessed with the past, present, & future of building distributed systems, & energized by the extreme challenges of building an efficient, cloud-based, multi-tenant, large-scale, low-latency platform that engineers depend upon in order to keep their mission-critical software running
What will you be doing?
Team Leadership: Lead & grow a team of engineers adept at building extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process & manage time series data.
Technical Vision: Re-evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale & ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business. Leverage technical skills to successfully analyze & improve the efficiency, scalability, & reliability of our backend systems.
Product Leadership: Define & execute the roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design, & Operations. Serve as the teams Scrum Master, breaking down roadblocks
as well as managing communications with stakeholders & dependent teams. Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- B.S. in Computer Sciences or related discipline (M.S., or Ph.D. is a plus).
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership & delivery.
- Minimum 2+ years in a management role.
- Experience in design & development of multi-threaded programming & distributed systems.
- Object-oriented programming experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
- Experience with high volumes of data using the latest technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes & Docker.
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative & incremental development).Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable.