Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
SB Nation, the largest independent sports media network, is looking for an Editor-in-Chief to lead the flagship site.
What youll do:
- Directly manage flagship editorial leadership team.
- Determine the audience, voice, & purpose of SB Nation & communicate your vision clearly to the SB Nation team.
- Hire, manage, & teach editors & producers to excel at story structure, source-development, & story selection.
- Anticipate, communicate, & adjust resource needs to serve our audiences.
- Identify internal talent to cultivate & external talent to hire.
- Understand how to shape the overall voice of the network in a noisy & intense culture.
- Guide teams to make difficult & important editorial choices - when to lean into editorial risk & when to turn away, what to publish & what to pass on, etc.
- Provide perspective & work alongside SB Nations GM to coordinate execution on SB Nations business.
- Collaborate with internal resources & stakeholders to solve project specific workflows & bottlenecks.
- Escalate any new policies & processes to the SVP & Publisher to establish at a company level.
- Generate, develop, & help package IP for our content businesses.
- Work with Vox Medias communications team to execute on communication plans.
- Work with SVP, Publisher, & Business Partners to manage budget, make structural changes, role delineations, or any other employee shifts.
What youll bring:
- Strong management experience & experience building inclusive teams for a high-growth, fast-paced organization.
- Passion for SB Nations flagship content & approach to audience & community.
- A collaborative, detail-oriented work style.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.