Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, weve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, & do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 17th or June 7th
The Data Science team builds applications that make sense of the data created by Mailchimps millions of users. By using predictive analytics & big data technologies we help Mailchimp users grow through our smart marketing tools & data-driven insights. We work closely with Mailchimps Development & Operations teams to make analytical insights actionable within our infrastructure.
Mailchimp is looking for a Data Science intern to help our teams research efforts. Youll work alongside data scientists & software engineers by trialing analyses & training predictive models on our data that will eventually become customer facing and/or internal services, & you'll touch hundreds of terabytes of data.
The ideal candidate is a curious & resourceful data scientist who believes in demonstrating how data can be used to help our customers. You love new challenges, but you're skeptical of the new hotness. Youve run analyses using various tools, but you're partial to Python. Communication, critical thinking, & cross-validation are tools you use every day.
What youll do:
- Work alongside other data scientists to develop analytical techniques for our predictive models
- Come up with interesting data-driven product ideas to solve problems for our users
- Perform statistical analyses & communicate findings
- Work to improve data integrity & mitigate bias in Mailchimp data systems
- Embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
Wed love to hear from you if:
- Pursuing a degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Social Science, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of statistical analysis & machine learning techniques
- Have experience in natural language processing
- Have experience programming in Python
- Experience in database systems (SQL or MySQL)
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Google Cloud, AWS...)
- Ability to communicate methods & results of analyses
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.