Senior Software Architect
MOO is looking for a Senior Software Architect with the ability to guide high level decisions that define the direction for our technology architecture. As a senior software architect you will have an excellent technical background, display pragmatism & possess excellent interpersonal skills. You will perform a key technical leadership role in a large & growing technology department on its way to the next stage of platform maturity.
You will be passionate about helping MOO make the transition to a modern, highly-available & scalable architecture. You understand the balance between architectural perfection & expediency, know what scale looks like & how to run a platform at scale. You should anticipate broad technical change at the company level to ensure MOO stays current in the technical approaches & has the platform it needs to meet its objectives.
You should have the real-world experience to tackle digital transformation, foresee challenges as the business grows & possess the ability to develop a unified vision for complex systems, share & guide the Tech Team through the transformation process.
An experienced architect with high level of expertise in web technologies.Capable of leading engineering teams with coaching & influenceInterested in in web applications & infrastructure securityDriving focus towards architecture through principlesComfortable playing hands off, strategic roleA calming & positive presence always helping your team to see the bigger picture
As a senior software architect, you will:
- Understand the company vision, objectives & provide a strategic technical view of the current & future technical capabilities necessary to achieve them
- Provide technical vision, direction & leadership across a wide spectrum of technologies with specific expertise in cloud native applications, data & integration or infrastructure technologies.
- Evolve our existing architectural principles, enable teams to select suitable technology stacks, research new technologies, & prototype new ideas.
- Engage with agile teams as needed to support implementation according to the architectural principles.
- Provide architectural expertise & mentoring to Product Owners, other Architects & Software Engineers.
- Be part of the Technical Leadership Team & provide a strategic technical perspective to the decision making process
- Continuously improve & promote our standards & methodologies that ensure consistency & high quality software design & implementation.
- Coach product teams to ensure roadmaps are delivered in line with the agreed architectural principles.
- Engage & work with third-parties to guide selection & implementations that adhere to the architectural principles.
- Extensive experience of distributed architectures.
- Knowledge of the following languages: Java, Python, PHP.
- Experience with DevOps culture & processes.
- Experience in delivering complex distributed systems to a cloud production environment.
- Understanding of the advantages & challenges of working within an agile framework
- Experience in digital transformation projects
- Experience communicating with Director level & above
- Some experience or strong interested in leading or managing engineering teams