We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademys Infrastructure & Platform team is looking for a Senior Manager of DevOps to join the team. This team is responsible for the infrastructure & operations that deliver our services to millions of users learning to code. As a Senior Manager of DevOps, you will work closely with our engineers to lead & scale our team working on longer-term strategies & partnering with teams across the organization.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Hire & build an engineering team that is driven by the mission & vision that you champion for the team
- Work with individual engineers to define career goals & align their ambitions with relevant projects & tasks
- Collaborate with other teams to get ahead of cross-team dependencies
- Support security initiatives through internal audit, hardening AWS accounts, user management, secret management, & coordinating external audit
- Maintain, evaluate, & improve the developer experience, including local developer environment, continuous integration, & deployment workflow
- Build out secure maintain monitoring & alerting resources
- Strengthen the security of our current CI/CD pipelines
WHAT YOULL NEED
- 2+ years of experience managing a DevOps team
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps or SRE engineer
- Previous experience hiring technical talent
- Experience in performance management & career goal setting
- Experience implementing & maintaining AWS services such as EC2, Elasticache, Redshift, RDS, ECR, IAM, S3
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, & containerized applications
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Strong empathy & adaptability
- Experience utilizing Codecademys Platform
- Creating roadmaps & defining success metrics
- Stakeholder & vendor negotiation
- Previous experience as a system administrator
- Experience with more than one management methodology Scrum, XP, & other methodologies
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures