Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are looking for a passionate & influential leader to join our team as the Director of Product Management.As a Director, you will be responsible for the leadership development of Group Product Managers who own the development & delivery of the product roadmap. You should be a leader that is passionate about developing great experiences that provide value to customers & be adept at knowing how to navigate & positively influence an organization cross functionally at a peer & executive level.
What you'll do here:
- Manage a team of Product Managers & Group Product Managers tasked with leading the product teams to make decisions that ensure the feasibility, viability, & marketability of each product being built
- Drives holistic Domain Product Strategy & effectively influences the priorities of Squads/Domains based on SD Goals & company performance
- Leverages insights to guide Product Management team in defining & measuring opportunities & impact
- Structures & optimizes strategic conversations with Product Management & leadership
- Works with GPMs & Domain Reps to drive cross-domain alignment
- Proactively identifies potential problems with squads/functions, & leads to resolution
- Supports team in delivering product in a data-informed & iterative manner; partner with Insights to drive greater experimentation
- Responsible for career development for Group Product Manager level on down
- Build relationships with peers & senior leadership
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have proven experience as a contributor on cross-functional teams building alignment around the goal of a feature or product
- You have strong written & interpersonal communication skills
- You have strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
- You possess strong analysis, troubleshooting & problem solving skills
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive & influential within & across immediate working groups
- You have a proven track record of leading a Product Management team responsible for successfully delivering SaaS products at scale
- You have the ability to establish trust & credibility with senior leaders across multiple departments & functions
- You are able to manage competing priorities while balancing the needs of our customers to the needs of Mailchimps long-term strategy
- You are able to thrive in a fast-paced & quick changing environment
- You have significant experience successfully collecting & transforming business requirements & market needs into a successful product strategy
- You are comfortable working on a strategic level with senior leadership & also on a tactical level with product teams
- You have a strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle & a technical background in Engineering is a plus
- You have a bachelors Degree or relevant work experience in Marketing, Product, Design or Technology
- You have demonstrated work experience delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.