KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
KATERRA is seeking an on-site Project Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is a construction professional who has experience building projects in excess of $20M (preferably in multifamily, but not required). The Project Manager is KATERRAs main representative at the jobsite. Their primary role will be the administrative responsibility of the project & to act as the key single point of contact for clients throughout the process. The Project Manager is also required to provide leadership for the project team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Estimating in the Preconstruction process.
- Capable of completing a constructability review
- Assist in creating a project specific logistics & safety plan.
- Create scopes of work that detail KATERRAS requirements as well as cover plans & specification requirements.
- Selection & procurement of subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Ensure material & equipment are delivered to the jobsite in a timely manner.
- Monitor the project status for schedule, cost, quality & procedures.
- Manage project budgets.
- Analyze & forecast monthly budget reports.
- Oversee the pay request & billing process.
- Manage RFI, submittal, change order processes as well as all document flow on the project.
- Partner with Project Superintendent to ensure project success.
- Ensure that work progresses according to schedule.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience (preferably in wood-frame multifamily construction on projects in excess of $20M). Depending upon the project size, scope, & complexity the years of experience may vary.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability & willingness to face challenges, solve problems, & motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements & expectations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Supervises, mentors & develops direct reports.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbally & written.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer & company communication tools, such as email, internet, Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office) & Procore project management software.
- Ability to build relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors that lead to positive outcomes.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to maintain focus while working in a high-level, fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, & manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.