VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, & Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Media Strategist
REPORTS TO: Associate Media Director
OVERVIEW:We are looking for a data-focused analytically-minded professional, proficient in facilitating the execution of digital, programmatic & paid social strategies. The Media Strategist will support a pod of sales individuals with strategizing, planning, executing & optimizing media-related activities on client campaigns. The Media Strategist with have a strong understanding of marketing in relation to ad technology & content, will support new business development efforts, & will educate agencies & clients on media & distribution strategies & tactics. The role is central to the pre-sale process as well as the post-sale process, touching client relationships from end to end & playing a pivotal role in overall partnership success.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop media plans both in response to client RFP's & proactively to drive business, providing direct support to the VICE sales force
- Complete all requested material from clients as part of building media plans (forecasting, ad specifications, screenshots, audience information, etc.)
- Work & collaborate with internal departments (Client Strategy, Ad Operations, Producers, Account Services, Sales, etc.) to ensure that all proposed pre-sale media plan elements are sound for VICE & for the prospective clients
- Provide media expertise across both digital & offline channels as part of the sales pitch process, leading client meetings & email communication
- Act as the leading media expert by supporting & educating the sales force on all integrated media distribution topics, with a focus on digital
- Develop strategic media distribution material to accompany clients proposals & pitches -- create slides, program structures, distribution visuals, etc.
- Work with internal teams to develop campaign measurement goals & KPI's
- Manage the scheduling, posting, & tracking of media advertising & compile weekly performance reports, as necessary
- Utilize appropriate planning tools to achieve optimum performance for campaigns; maintain knowledge of new & emerging technologies to continually enhance campaign execution.
- Develop client-facing POVs on industry trends & patterns
- 2 - 4 years of experience in digital & social media planning/strategy in an agency or client setting.
- Effective time management & organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with high proficiency in Excel, Keynote, Powerpoint
- Experience analyzing complex data & market research to formulating actionable plans
- Expertise in "media math" & digital media buying/acquisition models (ie. CPA, CPC, CPM, CPE)
- High comfortability with managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic knowledge or understanding of media inventory forecasting
- Working understanding of: digital/analytic marketing platforms or tools (DFP, Krux, Domo, O1 etc)
- Excellent Communication Skills -- high aptitude for managing expectations
- Solutions Oriented -- propensity to solve matters rather than dwell on the problem at hand
- Authenticity, Integrity & Resiliency -- takes pride & accountability for the work & possesses the ability to defend the work recommended
- Media Confidence -- articulating rationale for thinking both internally & to clients
- Informed -- curious & interested in media industry news & literature
- Collaborative -- happy to & willing to work with others to create the best result
- Passion for oneself, our company & the media industry
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying & we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, & any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises & to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, & respects the dignity & independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.