Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are establishing an International Growth team to build & help execute Mailchimps playbook for short & long-term growth outside of the US. We couldnt be more excited to be embarking on this journey. We are looking for someone who is passionate about localization, can inspire teams across the company think globally, & help us craft & execute a holistic localization plan for international expansion. This is an opportunity to build something new & exciting that is going to touch on many things that we do.
As Marketing Localization Lead, you will play a special role in delivering a great experience for our global customers across languages, cultures, & regions. You will share insights from key markets to advocate for our customers, work with cross-functional teams to consider local experiences, & guide those teams to adopt best localization practices & processes. Your have a willingness to evangelize & the ability to make your team valuable to many parts of the company to help serve our customers in key regions outside of the US. Your day to day will feature a mix of internal education & advocacy, complex localization process problem-solving, & program management.
What youll do at Mailchimp:
- Partner with teams to build & evolve a short, mid, & long-term localization plan that includes prioritized needs, opportunities, requirements, & relevant tools & resources.
- Build & oversee streamlined, scalable localization processes
- Ensure we create & maintain quality localization guides to deliver a great Mailchimp experience
- Continuously evaluate localization performance & identify opportunities to improve the localization workflow, working closely with teams across disciplines to identify areas for improvement & implement best practices.
- Manage the relationship with localization vendors, assigning work, setting deliverables, & sharing feedback to ensure high quality translations
- Build a manage a localization team / center of excellence that collaborates with & supports teams across the marketing organization to localize the Mailchimp customer experience. Specific areas of opportunity are in marketing content, sales & partner communication, local media & events.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about building experiences for different languages, cultures, & regional-specific needs
- You have 5+ years localization experience in SaaS (strong plus)
- You have 3+ years experience managing teams
- You are comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- You are able to provide teams with a long-term vision & strategy, but dont mind doing the work yourself when needed.
- You have the ability to oversee localization processes across the entire customer experience, working closely with teams including Marketing, Design, Support, Product, Legal, etc.
- Multilingual is a plus, ideally French or Spanish
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.