Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
As Area Director of Revenue Management for New York, you will be responsible for envisioning, creating, & executing revenue strategies along with our Sales teams to maximize revenue while promoting the companys strategic priorities, culture, mission & values.
What Youll Do:
- Be responsible for meeting revenue targets in our locations in New York through all business streams meetings, events, workplace suites & memberships, vertical catering, caf & private club
- Implement inventory management strategies to ensure the right business is placed in the right locations at the right price maximizing utilization of our space.
- Empower our properties to forecast accurately & achieve revenue budgets
- Set pricing & booking guidelines, measure compliance to those & make exceptions where necessary.
- Strategize on leads & enquiries with our Sales teams to support our sales efforts. Provide guidance on accepting & bidding for pieces of business for all business streams
- Become an expert in Convene pricing, processes, & systems including Salesforce.
- Liaise with property General Managers & Account Directors to understand their revenue optimization needs & deliver solutions.
- Strategize on Convenes pricing philosophy, recommend changes & enact them.
What We Look For:
- Self-directed, professional with a passion for rapidly scaling businesses
- Expert Excel skills, ability to understand systems & Big Data intuitively.
- Ability to conceptualize data, reports & an aptitude for spotting trends & patterns.
- Tech savvy & able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment which requires a roll-up the sleeves mentality
- Ability to travel within New York City Midtown, Downtown etc. on a daily basis from property to property
- Strong financial acumen & presentation skills
- Orientation toward high-level company goals & long-term success
- Alignment with Convene's values
- Bachelors degree in Hospitality, or related field; prior experience in Revenue Strategies & Pricing hospitality business (airlines, hotels, meetings, cruises etc.) preferred.
At Convene, were changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design & service the next generation office building one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated workplace-as-a-service platform gives building tenants & enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting & event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, & curated experiences for users, all connected by Convenes proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., & Los Angeles; Opening in Chicago in 2018 & plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 LinkedIn Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits You Can Expect as A Convene Employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.