As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Digitaland Developer's Platform(DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital lives. At DDP, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with phone, web & other digital devices wherever you are remote or proximity payment.
The DDP team is looking for talented engineers for the Foster City office to drive the evolution of build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers andmerchants. You will work closely with Architects, product owner, & other teams to conceive, design, & create unique capabilities for DDP .Your will work closely with various stakeholders to help establish & adapt key capabilities.
We are looking for someone with serious about working & building new applications forDDPand have interest in distributed computing, scalability & building reliable high performance system.
You will be joining a team which delivers at high frequency while maintaining availability, performance, scalability & security.
- Design & implement components & services to be consumed by the application team
- Interface with various stakeholders & establish rock solid platform capabilities
- Work as part of scrum team executing the product requirements by working with Architects, Product Owners & other product vertical stake holders
- Develop & adapt to common industry best practices for product development
- Work independently & mentorjunior developers
- Conduct peer reviews for implementation of new features
- Communicate status frequently in daily Scrum - Participate in cross-group & internal customer feature demos
- Design & implement solutions for our platform application
- Create Functional & Technical design documentation
- Perform Unit & QA testing data loads & development of scripts for data validation
- Support QA, UAT & performance testing phases of development cycle
- Understand & incorporate required security framework, including data level security Understanding of data & business processes
- Understand & support DDP platform components andapply standard best practices from DDP
- Liaise with internal business & IT groups across DDP & Visa (such as database administration, infrastructure support, development) in performing support activities, system configuration & standard functionality analysis for enhancement requests
- Adhere to defined Cybersecurity policies, procedures & related IT controls
- Provide support to strategic initiatives as assigned including, but not limited to system configuration, testing of applications & process enhancements, upgrades & new solutions, ensuring sound knowledge transfer to assume post-implementation support role
- Expected to critically evaluate customer service requests & incidents to prioritize own workload, determine potential global and/or cross-modular impacts, determine temporary procedural work-around when feasible, & communicate to the broader group of impacted parties
- Conduct one-on-one user training or formalized pre-developed larger group training sessions as assigned
- Proactively identify, evaluate, & communicate ideas for process improvements & training needs both for applications usage by customers as well as for internal processes & skills enhancement
- Work with allteams/customers on the critical requests & resolve it to closure
- Responsible fortechnical solution andbe part ofissue troubleshooting & resolution for all users ofour DDPapplication
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Full stack development of a multi-tiered distributed system with web front end
- Experience in Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, Oracle,MySQL & other relevant distributed technologies
- Passion for following architectural & design patterns
- Knowledge about Security standards
- Knowledge of web services standards & related technologies (REST)
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Process oriented with strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability & desire to learn new skills & take on new initiatives
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in a global matrix organization
- Strong knowledge of database concepts, systems architecture, & data structures is a must
- Experience with Oracle databases & SQL development
- Work independently & mentor others in the team & with minimal supervision
- Understanding of HTTP & other protocols
- Experience with multi-threading/concurrent programming/pattern matching
- Testing fundamentals, both unit & functional testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-learner
- Go-getter with can do attitude. Tenacity to do what it takes to get the job done while continually focused on achieving measurable business results.
- Excellent communication & relationship skills. Ability to understand & articulate both technical & business issues with peers, management, & external teams.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law