In this role, you will help us scale & evolve the Oscar design systemAnatomy. Your day to day will include designing components & features of the system, facilitating cross-functional collaboration, testing, & shipping high-quality & impactful work aligned with our objectives & values. The role will also include driving product strategy & design vision for Anatomy & shaping roadmaps.
Our design system is used by member & platform applications across Oscar & youll be making considerations across a variety of use-cases to support teams doing innovative work across many different verticals.
You will report into the Group Product Design Manager. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Grow our design system by working with designers, engineers, & other stakeholders to align on strategy, goals, & roadmaps for Anatomy design & development
- Evaluate, design, document, & ship components & design system features
- Own the expression of the Oscar brand through Anatomy, both visually (following brand guidelines) & conceptually (what our brand values, ex. diversity in illustrations)
- Support effective time-to-market with new partnerships by maturing Anatomys modularity & customization & facilitate co-branding capabilities throughout our digital experiences
- Collaborate with product designers across the organization working across different products & contexts; give & get constructive feedback during critiques
- Structure & conduct outcomes-driven research & usability testing, contribute to QA & facilitate progress at all stages
- Evaluate & balance the needs of design & engineering teams & the needs of the business as a whole when it comes to our design system
- 5+ years of experience in designing digital products & design systems
- Portfolio demonstrating understanding of visual harmony, information hierarchy & best practices around design patterns
- Ability to facilitate projects & rally cross-functional & cross-area team members toward alignment on high-level goals & timely deliverables
- Highly-developed time-management, prioritization & organizational skills
- Advanced & up-to-date knowledge of Figma & its components functionality & a working knowledge of other contemporary design & prototyping tools, such as Principle
- Experience working with front-end engineering teams & foundational knowledge of front-end development
- Comprehensive understanding of constraints & guidelines as they apply to designing for digital platforms, including web, iOS & Android
- Awareness of accessibility best practices & interest in advocacy for accessibility for all users within Oscars design system
- Experience contributing to documentation & education around design systems
- Iterative design methodologies & the drive to gather feedback early & often
- Experience driving design QA,testing, & experimentation
- We value designers from diverse backgrounds & will consider candidates with different types of education & relevant professional experiences in determining qualification. If you feel qualified, please apply. Your experiences & your demonstrated skill sets are far more important than your level or industry expectations.
- Experience working on WCAG AA compliance within design systems
- Proficiency in front-end development
- Experience within the health-tech or enterprise space
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.