The IT Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware & software) & a demonstrated willingness to learn & apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written & oral communications skills & the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, & diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in extreme high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities & possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. They must possess superior people skills dealing with all levels of a team environment up to & including presentations & explanation of projects to upper level management. Regular activities include network engineering & troubleshooting, project management, mentorship of new team members, data cabling, systems administration in a variety of software & hardware environments, telecom administration, root cause analysis in problem solving, & assistance in managing the daily activities of the department.
- Maintain & monitor core servers & services.
- Participate in the development, implementation & administration of processes & procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, & optimum performance of laptops & local services.
- Provide technical expertise & hands-on support of end user infrastructure (hardware, software/OS) including but not limited to Mac & PC laptops, AV equipment, & other office technical equipment.
- Provide executive support for senior/C-Level leadership.
- Manage internal IT projects & projects involving other stakeholders.
- Hardware procurement & asset management.
- Creating & maintaining technical documentation.
- Manage AV systems during large company webinar events.
- Maintain IT ticketing system & standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with executive staff under high pressure situations
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications, tools & operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge in providing 24/7 support.
- Experience in streamlining user device support functions.
- Working knowledge of IT & engineering technologies & operations.
- Strong analysis capabilities & skills in structured problem solving.
- Strong program & service delivery skills.
- Deep sense of urgency & ability to identify & achieve quick wins.
- Ability to quickly learn new subject matter areas, assess operational maturity, establish KPIs & metrics & drive towards operational maturity.
- Great communications & collaboration skills.
- Must pass State of Oregon Racing Commission background security check.
- Must pass State Casino Employee background security checks.
- BS in CS/CE/EE or related field & 1+ years experience; or, MS in CS/CE/EE or related field & 2+ years experience; or, 3+ years of applicable technical experience.
Physical demands (ADA):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk & talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or use calculator or numerical keys on computer keyboard. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time as well as bend, reach, & stoop, or kneel. Moderate physical activity is required, including the ability to lift 15 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust focus.