Latch is hiring a Product Compliance Manager to direct product requirements & development efforts to ensure compliance with applicable local, national, & international regulations & standards. This requires a candidate that has a strong background in these areas combined with a passion for creating a unified strategy out of a multitude of dynamic & isolated regulations. This is a highly cross-functional position, working with in-house & outside legal, product, engineering, supply chain, program, & operations teams to ensure the successful delivery of new hardware & commissioning of new jobs. The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge of building, fire, electrical, mechanical, accessibility, & environmental codes & regulations that apply to access control products & experience, managing in-house & third-party laboratory testing of such products to ensure compliance with applicable standards in the US & abroad.
Smart access isn't about locking doors, it's about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world's first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We're looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Managing compliance with building, fire, electrical, mechanical, accessibility, & environmental codes & regulations for Latchs new & existing products.
- Managing internal & third-party testing of Latchs new & existing products to meet applicable codes & regulations.
- Working closely with product, engineering, & program teams during product development to determine applicable codes & regulations & ensure compliance with those codes & regulations prior to product launch.
- Retaining & managing external product compliance experts.
- Working closely with the operations team to ensure that Latch products are installed in accordance with applicable codes & regulations.
- Meeting with Latch customers & authorized installers to resolve issues & disputes related to building & fire code compliance during installation.
- Meeting with relevant building & fire code organizations, such as the ICC, to resolve issues & obtain compliance opinions.
- A degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Law & 10+ years of experience managing access control product compliance with applicable national & international building & fire codes.
- Thorough knowledge of & experience analyzing building codes & fire codes (IBC, UL) & other regulations (such as the ADA) applicable to access control device.
- Significant experience with standards & certifications relevant to access control devices, such as ANSI/BHMA, UL (94, 294, 746c, 60950, etc.), FCC, & IEC standards.
- Experience with trade compliance preferred.
- Strong project management & quantitative skills; highly process-oriented.
- Excellent time & task management skills.
- Ability to function successfully both independently & cross functionally.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills - ability to communicate at multiple organizational levels.
- Tactful, ability to work well with various functions & levels.
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, & share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents & property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, & the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, & fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards & Penn Station in New York City.