Were looking for people who are passionate about putting the flow into workflow for Asana engineers, & ensuring that we have fast, useful, & reliable tools for all parts of our edit-compile-test cycle. You love reflecting on how you can work more efficiently, have empathy for your fellow engineers, & are motivated by knowing your work has a huge impact on engineering output. Youll help us architect a set of complex & interrelated systems: builds & bundling, compilation speed, testing & debugging, continuous integration, git workflow, environment setup, & more.
Youll be part of the Developer Efficiency team, partnering closely with all Product Engineering teams at Asana to understand pain points around workflows & helping make them better. Were looking for outstanding people anywhere to help us innovate & scale, & we offer relocation.
What youll achieve
- Solve upcoming scalability problems related to our build system & continuous integration system
- Modernize our testing tooling, tighten iteration loops, & polish frequent cycles in the developer experience
- Simplify the architecture of our development sandboxes to reduce the chance of misconfiguration & breakages
- Keep Asana up to date on open source trends & identify new opportunities for better developer efficiency
- 4+ years of experience working within large, well maintained codebases
- Experience using Python
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code & long-term code maintainability
- Passionate about creating a superlative user experience (for our engineers!); attentive to details
- Appreciate productivity & care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively & efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.