Site Merchandise Manager
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of bright minds at the intersection of content, commerce, & technology to build the worlds most customer-centric home shopping experience?
Hayneedle was recently acquired by Walmart/Jet & is experiencing unprecedented growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters teamwork & professional development, our business is poised to redefine the way consumers decorate & shop for their home.
We are looking for a Site Merchandise Manager to achieve sales & profitability goals through strong execution of site activity maximizing conversion & average order. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge & passion for e-commerce & have previous experience in marketing or merchandising.
This role will report to the Senior Merchandise Manager & will be based at Hayneedle HQ in Omaha, Nebraska, San Bruno, CA or Hoboken, NJ.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
The Site Merchandise Manager contributes to building a world-class customer experience that lifts the brand above all competitors & clearly articulates its value proposition & engages prospective customers & employees authentically.
The Site Merchandise Manager works with the Site Merchandiser to help achieve sales & profitability goals. The Site Merchandise Manager oversees the merchandising presentation within his/her department/categories to best respond to customer demand & convert visits into profitable sales. He/she will work closely with the Category Management, Planning & Marketing teams to get visibility into ongoing & seasonal campaigns & key item/category drivers. He/she will also work with their site merchandising team to analyze traffic, sales, conversion & search data to understand demand patterns, react accordingly on the site, & advocate for effective cross-department or cross-functional solutions.
As part of a small, dynamic team, the Site Merchandise Manager will be expected to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. He/she must be a proven leader, self-motivated, flexible, & capable of handling both tactical & strategic assignments. He/she must be a strong cross functional collaborator, an innovative problem solver; & able to work well under pressure. Most of all, he/she must be passionate about the customer, growth, retailing, merchandising, marketing, & customer service.
- Analyze, recommend, & ensure execution of site activity to maximize conversion & average order
- Review site performance & direct the activities of team members to make appropriate adjustments to meet customer demand
- Work with Site Merchandiser on the evaluation & optimization of merchandising presentation & initiate tactics to optimize search term results
- Work with Site Merchandiser to optimize cross-merchandising, up-sells & add on accessories that create additional sales/margin & maximize customer LTV
- Review site level marketing performance & make recommendations on adjustments to keyword bidding or keyword landing pages
- Utilize deep understanding of conversion funnel at the bounce, product view add-to-cart & order levels
- Exceptional product knowledge for responsible categories
- Monitor team members workload, project prioritization, & execution
WHO YOU ARE:
- Must have 3+ years retail experience in site merchandising, marketing or merchandising
- Must possess 2+ years of experience in consumer-focused e-commerce environment
- Previous management experience required
- Experience with web analytics, preferred
- BA or BS degree required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrate a strong understanding & passion for consumer-focused e-commerce
- Possess excellent analytical skills with experience using data to make decisions
- Strong ability to approach site merchandising from customers perspective; acts as a strong advocate for the customer; works across disciplines to drive the best customer experience solution
- Possess expert-level knowledge about site metrics, uses metrics to measure performance; consistently & regularly recommends effective actions & changes based on metrics
- Strong attention to detail
- Manage own time accurately & effectively; ability to set priorities that guide team members time management most effectively; assist team with task prioritization
- Possess strong cross-functional communication skills; takes a consistently proactive approach to cross-functional communication & works to continually improve & enhance cross-functional collaboration
- Actively seek out feedback from manager & peers; improve own performance based on the feedback; consistently gives effective feedback
- Be motivated & possess high energy
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity; able to see the conceptual big picture for the company
- High level of integrity & maturity; set an example of constructive, positive leadership for the team
- Persuade/influence team members, sell ideas effectively, get results & follow through
- Bring ideas & solutions to issues raised; work actively with team to solve problems
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative & resourcefulness; drive consistently effective results despite lack of time or resources
- Maintain reliable & consistent attendance
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart & talented team of merchandisers, designers, engineers & business folks who care most about getting things done
- Unique chance to work with our family of brands: Walmart, Jet, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in the growth stage of a business
Meet Our Family of Brands