At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the worlds first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who We Are Looking For:
You are a strategic product thinker who approaches building products in a thoughtful, exhaustive, & thematic way. You thrive in a collaborative environment & you are a proactive communicator adept at managing stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will use design thinking, data analytics, user research, A/B testing, & iterative development to build intuitive experiences & products that empower educators to teach at their best. Since this role is for our search & recommendations system, were looking for a well-rounded product manager who is particularly data & technically minded.
We look for product managers who understand that consistent innovation is the result of each member of the product team contributing their passion & their ideas. You must collaborate closely with your team to discover effective solutions & then work together to deliver those solutions to market.
While we empower our product teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable for the results. Shipping is necessary, but not sufficient. We look for product managers that are not afraid of signing up for results, even when this means they have to work through others to achieve the necessary results.
The Search & Recommendations team is focused on helping educators find the best resources for their needs at the right time. With over 7.5 million educators using TpT to find teaching resources out of a library of over 5 million resources, this is a crucially important & challenging job. The Search & Recommendations team has two goals in 2021 that youll work to achieve: 1) drive adoption of TpTs new suite of digital tools (called Easel), & 2) ensure that when teachers come to TpT, they leave with a high quality resource that meets their needs. You will work closely with our customers & internal stakeholders to identify product opportunities to achieve these goals, & youll work collaboratively with your product team to test, ship, & iterate on solutions that achieve these goals.
- Contribute to cross-functional effort to define the long-term vision for TpTs Search product
- Lead cross-functional team to launch & iterate on products that help us achieve these goals
- Be the champion of user needs, using both qualitative & quantitative data to make quick, high-quality product decisions
- Balance a strong product sense with the ability to execute & launch truly great products
- Communicate with clarity the strategy, progress, & success to executives, the entire company, the board, & external stakeholders
- Believe in our mission to connect & empower teachers
- 4+ years of experience building products
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques & methods of modern product discovery & product delivery
- Track record of using qualitative & quantitative data to prioritize & drive decision-making
- Exceptional communication skills - able to share your opinions & debate (strong beliefs, loosely held)
- Open-minded, entrepreneurial, collaborative, & eager to learn & solve hard problems.
- Tech-savvy - comfortable in detailed conversations with developers, able to communicate complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity, versatility, & creativity
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, & company leaders in a constructive & collaborative relationship
- E-commerce/Marketplace experience
- Experience working on search systems
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new mothers & fathers) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for birth mothers
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.