As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Director, Experiential will be charged with ideation, management & execution of a large range of Vox Media programs, including editorial franchises, sponsor activations & industry & trade initiatives, where they will be responsible for the strategy, development, presentations, execution, P&L & revenue goals. The candidate should have a deep understanding of & experience in working on both consumer & executive-facing successful integrated marketing programs at the client & agency level. Project examples include The Deep End by Vox Media & The Verge, Eater Young Gun Summit & Curbed Home of the Future, presented by Ford.
This position will have broad marketing & revenue expertise & will be expected to serve as a key lead in creative brainstorms, come up with process solutions, collaborate with multiple internal teams & external clients & vendors, create sales tools & produce large-scale productions with a focus on strategy, ROI & impeccable execution aligned to our editorial voices & content.
The ideal candidate is a solutions-driven self-starter, organized, detail-oriented, & excited to manage a young team with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This role will partner with multiple internal teams, including Sales, Editorial, Design, Communications & Creative Strategy to bring the Vox Media networks to life with great storytelling & interactive experiences. The candidate will join a growing team, reporting into the VP, Experiential under the Chief Communications Officer.
What youll do
- Ideate experiential solutions that reflect the POV of all Vox Media editorial networks (including NY Media networks)
- Strengthen the reputation of Vox Medias experiential offerings in market by representing the team in internal & external client meetings
- Build & present compelling proposals that solve external client objectives & build a case for internal programs that will help build the line of business
- Develop & update strategy, sales tool, vision, execution, recaps, capabilities, etc.
- Manage the RFP cycle & bring big creative thinking, writing & visual presentation skills to each
- Use your industry knowledge to contribute to business development priorities & achieve goals in creative & effective ways
- Manage & execute editorial & advertiser programs
- Serve as a key liaison between multiple internal teams
- Deep dive into category & competitive research to up level current offerings & develop new offerings
- Manage & maintain P&Ls
- Evaluate, negotiate & select key partners, vendors & freelancers keeping great talent pipeline
- Identify, develop & maintain partnerships to assist budgets & serve as brand relevance extensions
- Develop consumer-facing, ticket sales/revenue driving programs
- Create copywriting & storytelling for promotional tools, evites, menus, ticket sales, sites, etc.
- Participate at meetings to articulate program details & storytelling to key clients & internally to stakeholders
- Continuously evaluate & update internal processes to ensure the department is running effectively
- Evaluate results & provide recommendations for future initiatives
- Maintain constant knowledge of industry news, current trends & integrated marketing strategies, events & stunts
What youll bring
- 6-8+ years experience in integrated marketing, events, partnerships, promotion, production and/or project management role
- Experience in developing & executing successful editorial- & advertiser-focused programs
- Strong work ethic with a positive & proactive attitude
- Experience in creating & maintaining program P&Ls
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to ideate & create sales materials
- Experience working with multiple teams & all aspects of a program
- Understanding of the media business
- Rich pipeline of talent & vendors
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to multitask & prioritize
- Ability to travel, as needed
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.