KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Senior Cabinet Designer Caseworks Design
Individual will be responsible for design & engineering cabinetry products to align with Katerra Cabinets manufacturing process. Working with factory personnel the cabinet designer is responsible for the integration of materials, methods & tools necessary to bring new products to the company portfolio. Learning our manufacturing machines capabilities, standard build specifications, & the specifications of the products Katerra Cabinets uses in the assembly process will all determine the quality & accuracy of the engineered products being produced. Current platform Cabinet Vision & 2020 Design, 2020 Insight & Construct.
This individual is also responsible to support the Katerra cabinet design cataloging activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop & implement design strategies
- Collaborate with engineers, managers & creative team
- Establish test procedures for quality assurance of finished product
- Work with external resources to resolve product issues
- Process packets in 2020 Insight to send out to manufacturing machines
- Work with production supervisor to quickly resolve issues with production items
- Overseeing research & design, prototyping, leading, testing procedures
- Interfacing with planning, production engineering & plant personnel to ensure optimal manufacturability of the product
- Drafting specifications for manufacturing
- Developing & maintaining BOMs for all new & existing casework
- Assisting in the establishment & maintenance of Katerra brand standards for casework & its installation
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- 2020 Insight & 2020 Construct
- Establish & ensure adherence to the cabinet design & construction principles
- Engineer & prototype all new casework
- Build & manage fully indented BOMs
- Provide technical support to production staff as require
- Develop product training as required
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments
- Experience with following equipment types is preferred (Biesse routers, beam saws, or equivalent high-volume batch processing equipment)
- Experience with MS Office (MS excel, words, powerpoint) is required
- Hard working, friendly, highly flexible & adaptive, results-oriented, passionate.
- Intellectually curious & interested in learning all aspects of the organization & the industry.
- Solutions-focused & a proactive self-starter who is always looking for opportunities to improve the organization & solve problems.
- An excellent communicator who seeks first to understand, then to be understood.
- Able to handle multiple initiatives while meeting all deadlines.
- Flexible & able to change directions quickly.
- Data-focused with an incredible attention to detail.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, & presentation skill
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Degree in Drafting & Design
- Experience utilizing SAP software platform is desirable.
- Ground up experience of the casework construction methods & processes
- Journeyman carpenter
- Cabinet maker
- CNC operator
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.