Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is seeking a Product Design Manager to grow, manage, & mentor a team of Product Designers in building incredible experiences that our customers love & value. As part of Twilios Global UX organization, this position will promote customer advocacy, partner with our cross-functional peers through our proven customer-focused product development practice, build effective working relationships, champion strong team results, & foster a culture where designers are challenged to do their best work.
Twilio is looking for a Product Design Manager who:
- Has 6+ years in a user experience, product design, or a related field with demonstrated leadership to product designers; An ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience mentoring or leading other designers.
- Has previously worked as a senior or lead individual contributor in UX or product design.
- Has first-hand experience in applying research methodologies such as user interviews, usability testing, card sorting, & journey mapping.
- Has applied design thinking methodologies & agile within product design teams.
- An ideal candidate has worked at a SaaS software company serving B2B customers.
As our Product Design Manager, you will:
- Dont Settle: Uphold & evolve our brand & Design System. Maintain an extremely high bar for quality & consistency through critiques, UX principles, & reviews.
- Wear the Customers Shoes: Be a customer advocate. Coach your team on how to best navigate a rigorous, customer-informed process to identify & prioritize customer problems & rapidly validate solutions. Be a passionately vocal advocate for the Twilio Customer through all stages of research, design, development, & go-to-market activities.
- Empower Others: Be a proud people manager. Enthusiastically help your team hone their craft of product design. Encourage the sharing of new techniques & tools, showcase best of breed experiences in the market, & invest in professional development. Develop a sense of UX community & pride.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize & Write it Down: Coach your team on how to break down complex problems, write & test hypotheses, craft success measures, & thoughtfully iterate from minimal lovable to mature, best-in-class product experiences.
- Be Inclusive: Be arm-in-arm with your departmental peers. Communicate & connect with your peers in UX, Product Management, Engineering, & Marketing in order to share learnings, align priorities, & identify opportunities for improvements to process or people.
- Be an Owner: Own & advance the vision for Twilios products
The UX team at Twilio is a close-knit, collaborative group, who cares deeply about building trust with our customers & solving their problems. We work closely with product & engineering leadership to guide product strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.