Deal Desk Manager
Tanium is seeking a Deal Desk Manager to support the growth of Taniums Global Sales organization, focusing primarily on the Western US region. This role will be focused on partnering with the local Sales Leadership teams to structure & close key transactions, as well as help execute applicable go-to-market strategies. This role will be highly visible within the region & within Tanium.
The right candidate must have the ability to both think strategically & execute operationally. Were looking for candidates that can solve ambiguous problems & have the initiative to propose new ideas & recommend solutions. This candidate will roll up their sleeves to partner with Sales to structure transactions that achieve the best outcome for Tanium, as well as shepherd deals through approvals. Finally, the candidate will need to have strong business partnership skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate clearly & build a strong relationship with their business partner.
This role will need to support regional Field Sales & Partners so someone located in the Western Region of the US is preferred.
- Bachelors Degree is required, preferably in Business or related field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration)
- 7 years of experience in a sales-partnering role (Deal Desk, Sales Operations, Business Operations, Revenue Accounting)
- Business partnership experience with Sales executives
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Excel, & Google Sheets (or equivalent collaborative spreadsheet app)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, including presenting to executives & large groups
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
- Experience working with Field Sales teams
- Experience structuring SaaS technology transactions
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with regional sales leaders to design & implement go-to-market strategies to achieve regional targets & metrics
- Partner with Field Sales on strategic transactions to develop winning pricing & deal strategies & ensure deals are vetted & approved with a sense of urgency.
- Partner with regional Contracts team to ensure strategic transactions are supported with the needed order documentation & best practices are shared with Field Sales
- Demonstrates initiative & motivation
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Team player
- Person of high ethics & integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Travel Requirements: Less than 5% of time expected to travel
- Analytical abilities: ability to analyze problem situations in depth; ability to show a probing mind.
- Number facility: the individual must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations at a minimum.
- Precision to detail: it is necessary that the individual be precise, detail-oriented, & exact.
- Flexibility: the ability to juggle several projects simultaneously, to cope successfully with diversity & complexity, to integrate seemingly unrelated data, & to reduce complex notions into relatively simple terms.
- Written & oral communication skills: ability to write memos, letters, & reports in clear, concise fashion with appropriate vocabulary, grammar, & word usage; ability to communicate effectively with superiors, peers, subordinates, & others on a one-on-one basis, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, & word usage; includes clarity, organization of thought, & expressiveness are all part of this dimension.
- Physical & Mental Abilities & Demands
- Use of Fingers/Hands: Typing, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, & to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machine parts.
- Vision: The incumbent is required to distinguish between true colors, perceive depth, & partial field of vision is required at a minimum for the position.
Tanium offers a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Many of the worlds largest & most sophisticated organizations, including more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently & effectively, & remain resilient against disruptions. Tanium recently ranked 4th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies In Cloud Computing For 2018 & 55th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces. Visit us at www.tanium.com or follow us on Twitter at @Tanium.