About the Position
We are looking for an experienced legal professional to join our team as Senior Legal Counsel to help tackle exciting legal challenges of operating in the fast-paced, cutting-edge world of cybersecurity. This role will report directly to the General Counsel.
This is a critical hire for our Legal Team to focus primarily on handling commercial transactions. If you love working with Sales teams & have a background as a transactional lawyer with contract experience, read on! Day-to-day responsibilities will include drafting & negotiating agreements, establishing & maintain a contract management system, & handling a wide variety of other matters as needed by the Legal Team.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a strategic business partner to review, draft, negotiate, & advise on a wide range of domestic & international commercial agreements, such as SaaS agreements, master services agreements, licensing agreements, channel partner contracts, reseller agreements, professional services agreements, marketing agreements, vendor agreements, & non-disclosure agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary
- Be a business enabler who can provide proactive & practical advice to Sales team
- Support, coach, & train Sales teams on deal structure, contract negotiations, commercial best practices & maintain playbook of business terms
- Continuously improve standard form agreements & legal processes to help scale the legal function
- Provide sound legal & business advice to Sales team members around the world, & members of senior management regarding strategic business relationships.
- Be a true cross-functional team player by working closely with Sales, People Operations, Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, & other departments at SecurityScorecard.
- Work with General Counsel & Legal Team on additional legal responsibilities including HR/employment, privacy, real estate, corporate, intellectual property, litigation, international, & additional other legal & ad hoc projects as may be required.
What you need to succeed:
- Strong academic background & JD degree from a highly-regarded school. Must be a member of good standing of a U.S. state bar.
- In-house commercial counsel experience OR top law firm experience are required.
- A passion for closing deals
- Experience drafting, reviewing & negotiating complex commercial contracts, licensing agreements, & other agreements.
- Experience working with technology companies and/or in tech; SaaS experience not required, but a huge plus
- Strong business acumen, with ability to understand the companys business objectives & anticipate the nature & magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings
- Contracts management experience is a huge plus
- Flexibility & willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (written & verbal) across all levels of an organization
- Conscientious, detail-orientated self-starter who can take ownership of projects & drive them to conclusion, but also comfortable working well in a team environment
- Ability to work independently & manage multiple projects/assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively establish working relationships
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
SecurityScorecard is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, & insights. Weve built a new category of enterprise software which enables companies to rate & understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors & use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, & vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, & Moody's.
SecurityScorecard is growing tremendously & targeting talent who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development. A successful Scorecarder exemplifies our S(CORE) values: Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, operate as One Team, Resilience & Embody #SecurityDNA. Your interest in making an impact in our organization & alignment with these values is as important as your skills.