Sitting within BuzzFeeds Commerce Team this position will be responsible for supporting the various affiliate stakeholders within BuzzFeed, by providing frequent reporting updates, analysis on performance & delivering strategy recommendations, with the main goal of rapidly growing our affiliate commerce business.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a unique mix of a merchandising & analytics background, an in-depth knowledge of the media space, & who possesses a strong understanding of consumer buying habits. We are looking for someone who brings energy & passion to everything they do & is dedicated to arming the teams at large with the data & insights necessary to drive a strong affiliate business. This role will require communication with various teams across the organization, so the ability to work cross-functionally & to clearly articulate data & strategy will be key.
- Provide daily & weekly reports to track performance of editorial & commerce initiatives
- Provide monthly & quarterly hindsight reports, & deliver strategy recommendations based on top performing content formats & content categories
- Analyze the success of various distribution strategies & develop a content distribution plan based on performance data
- Generate Ad Hoc reports to support business development & sales pitches
- Provide actionable recommendations based on performance, & communicate immediate business growth opportunities to relevant stakeholders
- Manage Affiliate Coordinator to ensure teams are supported in affiliate link creation & to ensure content is optimized & tracked appropriately
- Create & manage workflows for various BuzzFeed teams generating affiliate links, & provide frequent reporting updates to provide a constant feedback loop on performance
- Support the development of an SEO strategy by closely monitoring performance trends of long-tail content
- Provide guidelines for editors & merchandisers to help prioritize affiliate partners based on commission rates, conversion rates, AOV, & other KPIs
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of merchandising experience
- Strong numerical & analytical skills
- Experience with Excel
- Experience creating & presenting performance reports
- Knowledge of the digital commerce space & emerging trends
- Knowledge of the affiliate space is a plus
- Experience in a traditional ecommerce role is a plus
- Excellent written & verbal skills
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.