Company Description|Job Description
Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the
best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global
vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a
global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our
VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of
cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working
with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial
services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics
and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout
the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people
around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong,
thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who
continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of
digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be
The successful candidate will be playing a key role in the VISA NetworkProcessing Platform & Reliability Test Engineering team's automation andfunctional Testing stream. This candidate for this position will be responsiblein delivering technical solutions for various application testing needs. Thisposition will be involved in designing internal tools for necessaryimprovements for varied applications in scope.
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit,systems, integration & regression testing, & support the developmentof automated test scripts to be used to automate regression testing andmanaging the overall test artifacts & test execution
- Test planning & Test strategy development usingindustry best practices
- Log software defects in the Visa standard defecttracking tool & work with development team on defect resolution
- Participate in design reviews to provide input onfunctional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potentialproblems
- Participate in code reviews with team members.
- Provide support to User Acceptance Testing in terms ofdata set up & support activities.
- Manage stakeholder expectations.
- Developing new tools & processes to ensure qualitygoals are met
- Foster partnerships with upstream & downstream teamsincluding system analysts, architects, developers, & product owners orclients to ensure alignment & consistency in reducing product risk throughout the SDLC.
- Create & implement Continuous Improvement plans.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computerengineering or relevant field required
- 5+ years relevant work experience with functional andnon-functional testing of applications & experience in MF Automation.
- Strong Knowledge on ISPF tools, JCL, file Handling on Mainframe.
- Exposure to test automation with tools likeSelenium,Cucumber, Ruby.
- Experience with automation tools like Junit, TestNG, Selenium RC/WebDriver
- A passion for developing test oriented frameworks,tools, utilities & simulators/harness, ensuring superb code quality andmanage code governance
- Strong knowledge of any of the database query tools like DB2, SQL,MySQL, MongoDB & ability to write andrun complex queries for data validation
- Strong understanding of Agile, Scrum, & QualityAssurance processes & methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highlycollaborative, dynamic work environment
- Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task & be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Knowledge of test management tools such as JIRA / Rally.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, & leadership skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills & the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
Good to have
- Experience in payments or Banking Industries
- Java Coding Experience is a Big Plus
- Experience with Failure Injection techniques tovalidate the transactions based services against availability andscalability