As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experience that power, extend & showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform such as requesting & managing environments using either VMs, containers or bare metals, workflow automation tools, graphs & visualizations for relationships/utilization & a whole lot more. On this team, you will create efficient & reusable systems with extensive test coverage & modern technologies. You will also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces, services & ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you will have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product & technological decisions.
- Design, develop & maintain scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications
- Be a proactive player & have a passion for delivering zero defect high quality code.
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development & code reviews
- Align with the direction & information provided by the Management to drive deliver robust & usable solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Work with various Technology & Business counterparts to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms.
- Create documentation & procedures for development, deployment & maintenance
- Deliver all assigned responsibilities in a timely manner & with a high level of quality.
- 3-5 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree, or 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters)
- Experience building REST based web services & web applications using Java & Spring framework
- Build Microservices that connect to MySQL, MongoDB & Kafka
- Good understanding & technical expertise in Microservices, Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) & building automation around their APIs
- Working knowledge of infrastructure, ensuring high-availability, scaling, service discovery, logging, monitoring & alerting.
- Experience & understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, & Orchestration
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Terraform
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure certification preferred
- Experience with monitoring & logging solutions such as Prometheus, Splunk, Cloudwatch, and/or ELK stack
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design & programming concepts
- Experience writing unit & integration test cases
Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.