About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Rent the Runway is looking for a Merchandiser to join the growing team at our Flagship Store location in NYC. As a Merchandiser, you will be the visionary behind our retail closet, while supporting the presentation & inventory management. You will support both our front of house & back of house teams: creating the stage for customers to seamlessly access our revolving dream closet.
The Day to Day:
- Assists the Merchandising Lead on all in-store inventory processes: floor presentation, replenishment, quality control, store inventory requests, sizing representation
- Proactively communicates with Merchandise incli Lead on results of inventory updates & changes
- Actively maintain store appearance per Store Environment Audit; keeping merchandise fully stocked & organized while ensuring that the store itself is clean & well-presented
- Maintain up to date knowledge of online product as well as current store stock availability on the sales floor & backroom
- Create enthusiasm for visuals presentations by inspiring, training & supporting peers
- Conduct daily inspections of sales floor to insure all standards are in place including the following: replenishment, quality & floor & fitting room cleanliness
- Communicates with store team around all merchandise related initiatives
- Innovator - using your imagination to create an ambiance that excites our customers each & every time they enter the store.
- Problem Solver- making quick & impactful decisions in a fast paced environment that lead to positive end results.
- Loyalist - committed to RTR vision & mission, & providing the best experience possible for our customer.
- Resilient honest & ethical in all interactions in & outside of the learning environment; uphold company values & policies; maintain the integrity of the content & delivery.
- At least 1+ years visual merchandising experience in the retail or any high touch customer experience business (depending upon the volume of the business)
- Technically savvy & proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong analytical & communication skills - verbal & written
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends & identify areas of opportunity.
- Must be able to climb stairs in a multi level store
- Must be able to work while standing & walking & be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule within a minimum of 40+ hours per week including nights, weekends & holidays
Retail at Rent the Runway:
There is no company quite like Rent the Runway, & therefore, no store experience quite like the one youll have with us! As a technology driven business, RTR stores are built using complex systems that enable us to provide white glove customer service. From self-service checkout to fitting room sign ups to QR code customer recognition, our tech-first environments are staffed with passionate customer-centric teams who are obsessed with providing the best possible experience for our customers. No issue is too big, & every customer interaction is an opportunity to help change the way women get dressed. From subscription swaps to styling sessions, our retail team is the front lines of our brand & we are excited to be building this team with amazing talent who is equally passionate about the customer.