Vimeo is home to an amazing community of creative professionals & businesses. We're also one of the leading providers of video hosting services to enthusiasts, creatives, & businesses alike.
Our advanced platform & passionate members are matched by an equally remarkable Support + Community team who provide expert assistance on topics like video playback, compression, uploading, embedding, using our apps, & our newest offerings, Create & Vimeo Record.
We are looking for an extraordinarily smart & special person to help guide & oversee Vimeo Core Support, with a focus on the Platform Support team -- a small but magical group of Tier 3 Technical Support Specialists who keep Vimeos community of video-makers & businesses informed & happy (and keep our internal team aware of the latest & greatest feedback).
What youll do:
- Lead a team of 2 Technical Support Specialists who are responsible for:
- Taking on escalated cases about creator tools, video delivery, our apps, & special Vimeo Core features
- Responding to users in a prompt & professional manner
- Vetting & ticketing bugs reported by users & staff
- Tracking & reporting on feedback about product problems & feature requests in their support specialties
- Handle support escalations from other team members
- Ensure high quality, timely responses to ticket escalations handled by the team
- Mentor & guide direct reports in areas including prioritization, career development, special projects, & time management
- Support & collaborate closely with the Director of Core Support & direct peers to:
- Use data to investigate trends, test hypotheses, & articulate & act on opportunities, challenges, & successes
- Strategize on initiatives & efficiencies
- Build & standardize processes within & across teams
- Develop clear & consistent ways to easily report on impact, both in terms of feedback about our products but also our ability to support users
- Meet weekly with product managers & developers to review bugs prioritized from a Community perspective
- Work with our platform-focused Developer & Product team leads, as well as our Product Operations Manager, to refine procedures for bug tracking, feedback reports, & communication
- Contribute to weekly, monthly, & annual summaries of noteworthy feedback, trends, & issues
- Act as communications lead during emergency issues, such as site outages, whenever they may occur
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 2-3+ years in a support or community management role
- Skilled at bug investigation & technical troubleshooting
- Experience managing and/or mentoring others
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal (i.e., diplomacy) skills
- Experience using a bug tracking system & ticketing technical issues
- Eagerness to develop & learn as a leader/manager
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.