Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Complex Case Management Registered Nurse to join our Complex Case Management Team in San Francisco California.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are a small team of nurses & social workers who have the privilege of meeting members where they are with the goal of helping members with complex medical needs improve their health.
You are an experienced practitioner who has the desire to work both collaboratively & independently with resources. You have & are comfortable thinking "outside of the box" to help solve your members challenges.
You will report to a Complex Case Management Lead.
- Develop an outcome-based plan of care, based on the members input & assessed member clinical & social needs with anticipated targeted dates for accomplishment.
- Initiate onsite hospital visits/rounds to assess patient progress & meet with appropriate members of the patient care team.
- Conduct initial in-home or facility visit to engage & educate the member (and their family/caregivers) to the Complex Case Management program.
- Conduct telephonic, in-home, or in-facility visits to monitor the members adherence to their established care plans.
- Identify & address psychosocial needs of the members & family & organize consultations with Social Worker & other resources.
- Active, unrestricted RN license in State of Residence & ability to obtain license in other states if needed
- Two years of case management experience at a managed care plan or provider organization
- Working knowledge of Milliman Care Guidelines preferred
- Reliable personal transportation to be used for local travel
- Ability to work effectively both on an individual basis & as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong computer skills to maintain accurate & complete documentation in our Case Management record systems
- Previous work from home & proven comfort with accessing systems remotely
- CCM certification
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.