ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney to work with Media Counsel to facilitate key business & marketing functions, including our marketing, Member experience, & brand teams. The Associate Counsel - Marketing & Media will be responsible for advising internal clients & will assist in managing outside counsel on marketing, advertising compliance & commercial transactions, as well as contracts & projects related to brand, advertising, & intellectual property development & protection. This position requires a thorough understanding of Pelotons multifaceted business, including its partners, members, & competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Assist with the strategic management of Peloton Legals marketing & media-related matters, including advertising campaigns, social media reviews, asset & lockup reviews, & consumer & business insights
- Develop & implement marketing & social media best practices, process improvements & regular compliance trainings for various audiences within & external to Peloton
- Advise internal clients & business partners on risks & opportunities related to Pelotons media assets & priorities, including marketing campaigns, content production, technology partnerships, product placements & content distribution
- Draft & negotiate commercial contracts for stakeholders in the marketing, content, production, music & creative organizations, with assistance of outside counsel where appropriate
- Strong working knowledge of domestic & international laws & regulations governing advertising (e.g., false advertising, claim substantiation, fair use & rights of publicity) as well as experience with copyright, trademark, general intellectual property & privacy issues
- Experience drafting & negotiating agency service agreements, production agreements & general commercial agreements
- Experience with drafting & assisting with contests, promotions, sweepstakes & giveaways
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action & confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal & business implications
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- Fastidious organization & focus in prioritizing & managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to collaborate with all personality types, including creatives & other entertainment industry players
- Knowledge about the consumer tech, social media, product placement & marketing world
- Knowledge of the music rights landscape & experience with negotiating & drafting music licenses is a plus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- 3+ years experience at a top law firm or in-house practice focusing on commercial transactions, advertising & ancillary matters (in-house experience is a plus)
- A member in good standing of the NY or CA State Bar
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.