As a Frontend Engineer at Honest Buildings, you will work with a tight-knit team of engineers, designers, & product managers to build commercial real estate focused project management tools & beautiful data visualizations that support complex real-world workflows. Our frontend is built with AngularJS & SASS, & we are actively adopting CSS grid, TypeScript, & other cutting-edge technologies. Contribute to our burgeoning UI toolkit by constructing modular angular components with TypeScript & Sass.
We believe that close collaboration of our development team is an absolute necessity - this enables us to iterate quickly while maintaining a high standard of quality for the product. We encourage all engineers to bring new & innovative solutions to help raise the bar for the team. Many of us are passionate about a particular layer of the stack, but we value willingness to navigate & deeply understand the entire application.
- Spec & build impactful features alongside our design & product teams
- Ensure a pleasant user experience across all devices
- Contribute to our UI toolkit
- Work in an agile environment
- Passion for frontend architecture & performance
- Demonstrate commitment to well-tested code (not just high coverage but effective tests)
- Show interest in mobile-first design
- Bonus points: You are an open source contributor or have side projects that you are proud of
- Computer Science Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3+ years of professional software engineering work experience
- TypeScript experience or interest in moving to TypeScript
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, & dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Weekly catered lunches. Happy hours, parties, & quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts & numerous other perks
Why consider working at Honest Buildings?
- You get to work with a group of 100+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell & Columbia.
- We've raised more than $47m from top investors, including Thrive Capital & global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun & have great startup perks, but were playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility & asked to make a huge difference.
- Youll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change & is ripe for disruption. We're using data science & a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, & play & have a huge impact on the natural environment. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners & developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry.