Are you eager to contribute & make an impact to the future of the global travel industry? Do you a have experience in managing complex business-critical initiatives end-to-end? We are on the look-out for you!
The Program Manager is responsible for the governance & program management of several streams (or portfolios). You will partner with various teams to support & facilitate the work occurring between the business units & centralized functions.
Reporting into the Director Program Management & Business Operations you will ensure that the functional workload of the teams (Shared Product, Machine Learning, Design, Customer Insights, Marketplace & New Business & Payments) is managed in a consistent way, whilst working externally with the business units & central functions (such as Technology, Accommodations & Finance) to build engagement and, where needed, governance over decisions for work to be signed off.
First & foremost, the Program Manager will ensure the teams roadmaps/plans focus on agreed business priorities, dependencies & strategies based on data & business needs, & will deliver the shared objectives & goals.
The Program Manager will work closely with the Director Program Management & Business Operations & their management team to lead programs for new products, processes & standards based on set short to mid-term plans.
- Lead best practice behaviours on Project Management methodology
- Lead change / transformational initiatives within the function & organisation. A.o.
- Drive vision for initiative/program towards clear business objectives, scope, requirements & success criteria
- Track & report status & progress of all streams of work, highlighting where required, risk/issues to governance groups or team members
- Creates clear planning documents together with relevant departments
- Enables team members & leaders from involved departments to make quality decisions
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to identify & build action plans to improve the impact & experience for our customers, our business & our people (creating win-win).
- Work in partnership with BUs, Corporate & Business Functions leadership to ensure resource is allocated to the right work, within headcount & P&L budget.
- Accountable for the tracking, reporting of business objectives in line with the organisational strategy.
- Work with Finance to keep consistent reporting on business/functional performance, report to the management teamon performance against financial targets.
- Partner with the HR team to maintain resource planning & allocation targets
- Owns the governance calendar & processes for the projects in portfolio
- Facilitates functional leadership meetings agenda, facilitation, minutes, next steps & tracking
- Holds teams/colleagues to account of next steps & objectives, records where these have been missed
- Whilst this role does not own the strategy for the function, it is responsible for collating the information & business cases, working with the Management team, Finance, Business Units & Corporate Strategy Team to ensure that;
- The annual strategy calendar is adhered to, including building & review
- Assisting leaders with building business cases
- Prioritization exercises
- 5 years' + of relevant experience in a relevant or related discipline (e.g. program management, transformation management). Preferably having a background in Agile Project management, PMI certification & / or LEAN
- Highly structured, results driven & eager to make an impact
- Entrepreneurial mindset, passion for product & connecting with people. Interpersonal skills focused on collaboration, building links & relationships within diverse teams, across organisation & outside
- Excellent communication & influencing skills with proven stakeholder management; proactively manages a large amount of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills/experience including experience with a range of different methodologies & techniques.
- Ability to break up a complex problem into actionable & easy to understand solutions.
- Analytical skilled & mastering data handling
- Able to function well within ambiguity & tell a clear story with data/insights
The Program Manager position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you & your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working & living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.