The role of the Marketing Strategy Coordinator is to support advertiser-driven sales & marketing initiatives across Group Nine. A key member of a client-facing team focused on winning the interest & confidence of our advertisers, this individual develops revenue-generating strategies & programs based on client briefs, data, & insights. The position is part of a dedicated Marketing pod structure & reports directly to a Marketing Manager. Collaboration is at the core of this role as this individual will work closely with pre & post-sales teams including sales, account strategy, creative strategy, & audience insights.
The Coordinator should be exceptionally detail-oriented, intellectually curious, a digital native, a team player, a creative writer, a passionate fan of our brands, & show us how he/she can develop innovative & creative strategic solutions for our clients in ways that help build on Group Nines success story.
- Own the revenue-driving strategy & packaging for client-facing RFPs
- Collaborate with internal teams to vet ideas with editorial, nail down costs, the media strategy, & creative approaches
- Our resident perfectionist: mastering version control for decks & marketing materials
- Develop ongoing market & competitive analysis
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-2 years of Marketing experience within the media/entertainment industry, digital/social publishers, promotions/advertising/creative agency or branded entertainment/production
- A presentation wizard. Strong Keynote, PowerPoint, & Photoshop skills a plus
- Excellent communication skills & a meticulous eye for detail
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, & work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills as well as design aesthetic
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.