WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 & the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Magazines Best Places to Work (2019 & 2020), & Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 & 2020).
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a hands-on Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our rapidly growing team & help scale/optimize our procurement operations. This exciting new role will be responsible for leading global activities related to the procurement of corporate goods & services including technology, marketing, facilities, etc. We are looking for someone who can collaborate extremely well with internal partners like Accounting, Legal, & Finance as well as other key internal stakeholders to develop & execute our procurement to pay lifecycle, align with business requirements & continually exceed expectations. This position will report directly into the Director of Procurement & have visibility throughout the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist with building strategic partnerships & trust across all business units at Braze & attend regular meetings with vendor negotiations.
- Partner closely with the Legal & Security Team while assisting with vendor contract (MSA, SOW, NDA, DPA, etc.) negotiations.
- Assist & train end users with the creation of Purchase Orders & all other Coupa activities
- Streamline & prioritize incoming procurement requests from internal employees.
- Draft, process, & track purchase orders, while working with accounting to track invoicing & payments.
- Assist in evangelizing the No PO, No Pay policy & assist in formulating internal controls & policies in compliance with SOX & GAAP.
- Continually advise & evangelize to business partners on procurement best practices.
- Construct & manage the RFIs & RFP process with vendors.
- Coordinate project reviews; communicating project status & top procurement issues to leadership & broader team.
- Craft negotiation strategies & close deals with optimal results.
- Help aggregate & archive all existing & future vendor contracts to a centralized location.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of relevant experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, or partner management.
- Technology contract experience with SaaS, Subscription, & Marketing
- Financial, tech & process-savvy person who loves to build seamless processes, systems & tools that benefit our teams & internal customers & partners.
- Team player with collaborative style & proven track record of building successful relationships with stakeholders & suppliers
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Enjoy learning new technology, & you have deep experience configuring & continuously improving various procurement operations tools, systems & supporting software tools like; Coupa, Netsuite, JIRA & contract management systems.
- Adept at building Spend, Savings, & Procurement Operations metrics
- Sound judgment with the knowledge to resolve complicated matters while maintaining integrity & confidentiality.
- Bachelors Degree in business administration, accounting or finance is a plus
- A fantastic sense of humor.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.