BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is seeking a creative producer to create custom branded content for its lifestyle verticals & related social platforms. Were seeking a creative-minded writer/director who is passionate about both digital media & native advertising. Candidates should be interested in what makes someone share & how people communicate online & solve problems for BuzzFeeds brand partners.
Primarily, this position is focused on concepting & producing exciting advertising that is just as delightful, interesting, original, & engaging as BuzzFeeds editorial content. The ideal candidate is comfortable being involved with every part of the creative process: generating ideas for a variety of formats & types of brands, participating in client-facing communication, overseeing shoots on set, & handling rounds of revisions with ease & a smile.
In addition to skilled video production experience, a well-rounded creative background & variety of interests is a major plus. Mostly were looking for people from a variety of backgrounds who are optimistic, energetic, & imaginative to join a fun & growing team at the vanguard of an incredibly exciting global shift in advertising.
This position is based in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation & a stock option program.
- Develop creative concepts that meet the objectives of our prospective partners
- Brainstorm & work collaboratively across the lifestyle franchises to generate proactive formats & ideas to pitch to our partners
- Pitch ideas, both internally & directly to clients
- Work closely with our sales & account management teams to ensure the brands needs are met & communication is clear & open
- Work alongside in-house producers to organize & schedule shoots with crew, talent and, at times, client on set.
- Utilize video production skills while shooting & overseeing edit to be sure clients needs are met while the BuzzFeed voice remains clear
- Ability to deliver excellent, original creative content that will delight our clients & BuzzFeeds enormous global audience.
- Work on tight deadlines across multiple teams to deliver work that exceeds expectations on time every time
- Think big to continue to develop BuzzFeeds native advertising strategy across platforms, formats, & audiences.
- 13 years creative agency and/or editorial experience
- 24 years producing/shooting video with hands-on experience
- A proven ability to create engaging original content online
- A passion for advertising with the ability to concept, pitch, & champion ideas for brands
- An interest in & deep knowledge of the social web, including experience producing work for a variety of apps & social networks
- The ability to work as part of a team under tight deadlines
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.