About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
Rent the Runway is seeking a Social Media Editor to join our growing Brand Marketing & Editorial team. Your mission is to help communicate the Rent the Runway brand, products & services across social channels through original content strategies & executions to service & scale our social audience & following. You are a strategic & creative thinker who will support creative programming for Rent the Runways social channels that meet the editorial, marketing, & advertising goals of the brand while supporting long-term growth, channel measurement & creative execution.
This role reports directly to the Social Media Manager, & will collaborate with our lean & hungry social team to execute on strategy. Day-to-day you will create content, craft storytelling for posts, engage our community & give voice to the brand on our social channels (including but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Youtube). This is an ideal opportunity for someone who excels in a creative, fast-paced, lets test it! environment & deeply believes in the Rent the Runway mission. The ideal candidate is a unique blend of strategist, storyteller & creator.
- Bring the Rent the Runway brand story to life with strategic social content that engages our audience & grows our following
- Support daily content strategy, execution & insights across social channels
- Pitch & execute social-first content ideas & initiatives that will help us meet our goals, measure the impact of those efforts & optimize accordingly
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop social media extensions for campaigns
- Help manage & contribute to daily social media calendar
- Partner with our Customer Experience team to handle timely responses, converse with followers, & track customer feedback through social listening
- Collaborate cross-functionally, particularly with Creative, to coordinate & execute social projects
- Support social reporting & platform analytics to optimize social strategy
- Regularly report on our social trends, content performance & audience development insights
- Bachelors degree required
- Had several strong, relevant internship or professional experiences
- User of social & lover of great content; youre always signing up for new social platforms & figuring out ways to engage on new channels
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills. Writing experience a plus
- Lover of curation special knack for creating a cohesive visual aesthetic with imagery
- Strong understanding of the social media space & nuances of each platform; this includes knowing what type of content works best on what platform & how to analyze performance & optimize to drive constant improvement
- Entrepreneurial & eager to come up with big ideas & execute them with an anything-is-possible attitude
- A self-starter & creative problem solver, who can juggle a million different things at once; you constantly have ideas for how to make a situation more efficient & successful, & run with it
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need