Founded in 2013, GIPHY is the first & largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, & pop culture moments make todays expression, entertainment, & info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, & more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack & WhatsApp. We serve over 7BN GIFs per day, seen by more than 500M daily active users who watch more than 11M hours of GIFs every day.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals & are looking for talented people to join us.
About the Role:
GIPHY is looking for an Editor to help manage our library of GIFs with a strong focus on Korean culture. This is an opportunity to help expand & define GIPHYs international presence. This is a 1 month contract (Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week).
- Create new & organize existing GIF content in the GIPHY library specifically for the Korean audience
- Help curate our library of GIFs & their tags in the Korean language, delivering the best & most important GIFs out to an audience of billions
- Translate the existing database of Korean content for editorial purposes
- Help manage production queue & deliver GIFs through deadlines
- Keep up to date with breaking Korean pop culture trends & consult with other members of the Editorial team on how best to engage with the trends. Be our eyes & ears on the ground! If theres a meme thats blowing up on Facebook or an inside joke taking off on Twitter, you need to be the first to know
- Think strategically about the intersection of Korean culture & GIFs
- Needs to know how to read & write in Korean
- Comfortable translating English text into Korean & vice versa
- Strong understanding of past & present Korean pop culture including TV, film, music, politics, news...everything!
- Journalism, digital media or marketing experience
- Passion & understanding of internet culture
- Familiarity with basic techniques for making GIFs or using readily available GIF software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop)
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively
- Comfortable & capable being hands on with the big stuff & the small stuff
- Experience with the GIF format & GIF creation (preferably Photoshop, GIFGrabber, Photoshop).
- Start-up or agency experience
This is a 1 month contract (Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week).