The Expansion Director role requires a combination of intelligence, creativity, & leadership that few possess. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding entrepreneur to shape the operation of our game-changing service. Youll need to be a consummate marketer, an operations workhorse, & an exceptionally creative problem solver.
What You'll Do:
- Launch & manage Vias revolutionary mobility solution in various partner cities
- Own ongoing operational execution & P&L for local partner markets, tirelessly working to scale processes & systems to drive rapid growth
- Work closely with Vias General Manager of Partner Cities & the Via operations, marketing, & technology development teams to define, coordinate, & oversee all logistical & technical aspects of service development
- Manage product expectations & development, working with our engineering team to distill requests & ideas into actionable next steps & technology features
- Customize the Via application for new markets based on consumer insights, & sophisticated economics & marketing principals
- Develop custom project management tools & processes to improve efficiency & effectiveness of the launch process, aiming to reduce the time it takes Via to customize its applications, algorithm & operations for a new market
- Leverage Vias capabilities to inform the ongoing development of Vias expansion strategy
- Ensure operational excellence, customer satisfaction, & an unbelievable product every day
- Develop positive relationships with stakeholders & partners; foster a collaborative, cohesive, & energetic local presence
- Develop relationships with policy makers, key players, & local partners
- Supervise the work of seven subordinates, with job titles ranging from Expansion Associate to Expansion Principals
Who You Are:
- Hold a Masters Degree in Business Administration plus 2 years experience in the job offered
- OR Operations Principal or closely related occupation including experience in working on the RideWithVia app conducting operations research, analyzing data, developing algorithms & solving flows in the app to improve operations. Email resume to email@example.com
Hours: 40+ hrs/week
Location: Via Transportation, 160 Varick Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY, 10013
Contact: Sharon Lee, Director of People Operations
At Via, we're at the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale; smart transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. From New York to London, weve provided more than 50 million shared rides, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, & a goal of hundreds of deployments by the end of 2019. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.