Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: software is eating the world. That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day experiences, & few industries are immune. Peak behind the code & you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader & they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software & growing their business. Research the industry & you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big & small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems & processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified thousands of software engineers around the world & placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ companies. Along the way, we have raised over $180M from Al Gores venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative & Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live & breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world & act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people & then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role
The Director, People Business Partnership role supports one of Andelas global functions, specifically Revenue, by being a trusted business partner to multiple leaders, managers & employees in the function. He/she plays a critical role in the design & implementation of strategic talent initiatives to drive the success of our evolving global Revenue org. The role offers the opportunity to innovate alongside a stellar growing team & equally passionate & driven leaders & managers. No two days will be the same & the work is challenging & rewarding.
You will act as a primary point of contact for our global Revenue leaders & their teams, serving as a connector to internal functions, & as an advisor on all people processes, procedures, & initiatives.
The Director, People Business Partner will be a key driver of talent management & change management across their population(s) influencing a high growth- & performance-oriented culture. In addition, you will provide coaching & mentorship to other HRBPs supporting Revenue, & serve as the primary point of contact for key strategic initiatives & programs specific to our US operations.
This role reports into a member of the global People leadership team.
Strategy Development & Implementation
- Work closely with People & Functional Leadership to understand organizational challenges & design/implement creative solutions
- Coordinate & support the implementation of strategic initiatives within your assigned client population(s) & more broadly
Org Design & Talent Management
- Support leaders & managers in driving engagement & retention within their respective organizations
- Connect employees & managers to compelling learning & development opportunities including mentorship, coaching for performance & growth & advising on career opportunities
- Support leaders & managers on facilitating talent mapping & reviews, & ensuring talent outcomes & actions are implemented
- Develop & implement org design and/or effectiveness, workforce retention, career navigation & succession interventions/strategies as required
- Drive equality, diversity, & inclusion throughout all of our programs & initiatives
- Support employees & managers within your population(s) to cultivate a high growth- & performance-oriented culture, & ensure that performance management experiences are effective & empowering, prioritising fairness & objectivity
- Advise managers on team performance management via a data driven approach
- Support proactively to identify underperformance & address thoughtfully, & manage underperformance professionally & swiftly when identified
Employee Relations - Coach, Inspire, Influence
- Provide dedicated coaching to multiple managers & employees within your population(s) with a specific focus on employee advocacy, HR fundamentals & process training, employee relations management, & workplace investigations as appropriate
- Provide advice & counsel to managers & employees to ensure consistent application & integration of policies, procedures & practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical & compliant work environment
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated & resolved, & serve as an escalation point for your population(s)
- Build & maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders
- Coach leaders/managers on proper management & communication practices
- Work closely & effectively with other PBPs, People Operations, & the wider People team team to identify best practices & use it to define effective business interventions
- Coordinate & support the implementation & delivery of key strategic initiatives as assigned, including identifying risks & impact to delivery, as well as tracking & reporting progress & outcomes
- Implement effective change management strategies, providing subject matter expertise on risk mitigation & change delivery
- 8-10+ years relevant experience, with preferably a minimum of 3 years in an advisory HRM/HRBP role supporting executive & senior leaders in fast-moving organizations. Preferred prior experience working with global sales/commercial teams with particular focus on SMB & Enterprise Sales, & Customer Success
- Experience partnering with Revenue leadership teams on sales compensation, plans, & data/analysis
- Solid track record in design & implementation of talent management strategies that have meaningfully impacted the individual & organization experience; previous experience in coaching employees/managers through complex, difficult issues & creating effective working partnerships with senior leaders
- Knowledge of US employment regulations/statutes & capacity to apply them to Andela. Ability to adapt applicable global labor laws into local practices as required. Experience with other international countries a plus
- Excellent interpersonal & communication (both verbal & written) skills, ability to present & facilitate effectively, & stellar emotional intelligence with a specific focus on self moderation, cultivating relationships & empathy.
- Experience in a challenging, fast-changing, complex & matrixed business environment with a special focus on multiculturalism (and internationalism)
- Previous HR project management experience, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with different stakeholder sets, would be a plus
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe youre a good fit & well be in touch.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.